Shooting With Daughter Today....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Shooting With Daughter Today....

Post by Blaine »

I suspect that she can shoot a handgun just as good as I, or better 8) 8) I gave her a nice 9 shot .22 Sentinel several years ago (that had belonged to my Grandpa, so, probably about a 1965 model) She was tearing up everything that was close in, so I pointed out a half piece of clay pigeon that was about 50 or so yards out...she took careful aim, and turned it into powder :D .
Here's a little peek inside the Big Metal TeePee. It's really roughing it when you can have a microwave out in the sticks... :lol: :lol: Thor and I will hit the road in it for a two month road trip. Cooking, and eating and sleeping in the van Image
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Shooting With Daughter Today....

Post by JerryB »

Did she get a new .40 cal or is that one of your handguns?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Very nice! :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

gotta have a camp fire when out in the woods!!!!!!!!!!

Does she shoot with both eyes open?

ollogger
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

There`s the new van, pretty cool wheels and out with the daughter too. 8)
You mentioned something about a roof over the door, check the RV sites I think they make awnings for vans .
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Looking good. you going wandering or have an itinerary?

I'm going to tx for xmas so I get some road time too...

Looks like you're a good shooting coach...
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

In addition to being an excellent shooter, she's a pretty gal too! Blain, Did she get her good looks from you?

It's always good to see women taking up arms and realizing there is not always going to be a cop around.---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

As pretty as she is, it's a darned good thing you've taught her to shoot, and shoot well, with a serious-caliber handgun. It ought to stop the creeps in their tracks, and the added bonus is it will scare away any potential 'wimpy' boyfriends who are scared of guns or afraid she might be a better shot than them and embarrass them... :D Your teaching, plus a few bones from last deer season, strategically scattered around the yard, might weed out the loser-dudes and she'll wind up with a decent guy to spend her life with.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JerryB wrote:Did she get a new .40 cal or is that one of your handguns?
That's her with the Glock 30, .45acp......A hair too much for her. She has the same opinion of the LCP as I do....snappy little EddOhBee :x

That little 3" J-Frame is really deadly in her hands....I had her practicing both eyes open, looking a front sight and shooting about one a second without aiming.....Dang, she's good 8) I'm not so sure she wants a semi-auto anymore....I 'splained about a 7 shot .357 revolver and how you could practice with cheap .38s....I'll see if I can get her to a range so she can rent a full size .357...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote:In addition to being an excellent shooter, she's a pretty gal too! Blain, Did she get her good looks from you?

It's always good to see women taking up arms and realizing there is not always going to be a cop around.---------Sixgun
Yes, thank heavens she looks just like me.... :twisted:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:I'm not so sure she wants a semi-auto anymore....I 'splained about a 7 shot .357 revolver and how you could practice with cheap .38s....I'll see if I can get her to a range so she can rent a full size .357...
Seven-shot 357's are impressive. I still like a bit less ear-damage potential in the event you do have to pull the trigger without hearing protection, so I decided to 'settle' for a mere five shots of 44 Special.

She might like a Charter Arms Bulldog in 44 Special (with Crimson Trace grips :wink: ).

My daughter is similarly petite (I accuse her of skipping her de-worming medicine) and of course wants something 'discrete' that has to fit outfits only having a few cubic centimeters of skin-to-clothing gap between earlobes and toes. :roll:

She decided on a tiny and flat Ruger LCP for CCW, but the times she has to go someplace that spooks her, like out to the woods to a rural remote home to dog-sit, at the end of a 1/4 mile driveway, she tends to want to take a revolver in 44 or 45 caliber, and suddenly doesn't seem to care about 'concealability'. . . Last time she took her little CCW-gun, but toted along a Redhawk in 44 Mag and a 16" Rossi to match, "in case she had to walk the dogs".

So... Encourage her to get TWO handguns for serious use - a compact 'CCW' one she will not leave home because it might be spotted printing under her clothing, and a larger, 'who cares if anyone sees it' one for use in the home or automobile or if camping, etc...

Of course at some point a matching LEVERGUN is mandatory.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you can find one I think the best gun for her would be a 3" M65 w/ a round butt.

For my money that's the ultimate defender. No bells or whistles, just a good honest sixshooter.
The round butt seems to fit your hand better than the square butt and it also doesn't stick out as much if worn concealed. A M13 would be the blued version.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

way to go Dad! :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Wonderful stuff! My middle boy and I got out a few days ago and burnt up some 22, 44 Special and 44 Mag. Had a guy there with and Romanian Ak and he and his buddy got to shoot it. Wasn't sure if they were going to sleep that night......
PS: Does that van have it's own zip code, or what Brother? :shock: :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Cool dad 8)
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Good job! :D
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

A beautiful girl, and she for sure has a very good shooting stance too. Love that all business don't mess with me look--------yep, she can take care of herself!

Doesn't get any better than that Blaine! :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

madman4570 wrote:A beautiful girl, and she for sure has a very good shooting stance too. Love that all business don't mess with me look--------yep, she can take care of herself!

Doesn't get any better than that Blaine! :wink:
I'd like to get her to put a left foot forward, and leant into it a tad.....I'm serious, she's so accurate, I'm not gonna mess with success....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

BlaineG wrote:
madman4570 wrote: I'd like to get her to put a left foot forward, and leant into it a tad.....I'm serious, she's so accurate, I'm not gonna mess with success....
I'd say just like that, but with the knees bent a bit for stability, but you are right - if she shoots well, don't mess with it too much.