Magpul UBR/PRS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Y2K
Levergunner

Magpul UBR/PRS

Post by Y2K »

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with the Magpul UBR/PRS stocks?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Magpul UBR/PRS

Post by 2ndovc »

I haven't bought any stocks but everything I've bought from Magpul has been Top Notch!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The PRS is excellent for a dedicated marksman type rifle. If you're only ever shooting prone they are perfect.

The UBR is excellent but also expensive.

The ACS and similar later-model stocks give you a similar performance as the UBR with lighter weight and less cost.

What is the intended use of the rifle and the rifle specs? With the exception of the new ACS-L and new fixed stock, I've used everything Magpul's ever produced (carried their products, sold them, etc with the manufacturer I worked for) and know quite a few of their guys.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

PRS and UBR are heavy suckers. Someone gave me a UBR for free and as much as I liked it, I ended up giving it back. :cry: Just couldn't get used to, warm up to the weight. IIRC it's a full pound heavier than the CTR I went back to.
Slow is just slow.
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The UBR was designed to help counterbalance front-heavy rifles, the CTR was made for carbines.

If you're running an M4 with an M203, PEQ, Aimpoint, Surefire, leaf and aperature sights for the M203 and backup irons for the rifle....the standard rear stock doesn't do much to help keep that extra six or so lbs up front counterbalanced.

The UBR is fixed-stock solid, and helps even things out. Also for marksman rifles, same reason.

I use a CTR these days, but I was wishing I had a UBR on my issued piece.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I tried the UBR with a handful of uppers…. I mean I REALLY TRIED to keep this free expensive stock. :lol: Just couldn't do it.
Slow is just slow.