Got rid of my 66 Bronco yesterday-----wife finally won!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Got rid of my 66 Bronco yesterday-----wife finally won!

Post by madman4570 »

Pay it forward time---------------gone to my High School baseball coaches Grandson.(hey he started me on Varsity in 10th grade) :wink:
Boy is he happy! Also going my JD A and Farmall 350 Highboy.
Really good kid------works for firm that installed my Burglar/Cam systems.
We just hit it off and that's the way sometimes it goes!

That Bronco-------honest to God----------------when I parked it over a decade ago(maybe 2) :lol: had just put new Uniroyal M/S's on it.
Pulled it out of the rut tires settled in and she rolled right on down the driveway(even the emergency brake still works)
They still had air-----------------------and they look as new :lol: The guys that came with him to pick her up were all drooling!
I bought it from Original Owner(old guy) in 1985 with 68,000 miles for $500 :lol: :wink:
Gave new owner a copy of my old bill of sale/and original owners manual. And all documentation of things done to it(needed hardly anything)tires.

71,000 original miles(all original,that turquoise blue color)-----------------he is one happy camper.
Gonna need new rocker panels/and some floor repair under passenger side-------then she be fine!

Now as I type this my wife is yelling---(oh Larry-----they are showing a collection of Classics on TV)----like your/I mean your used to be Bronco??????????? :twisted: :shock: :D

Hey-----let someone enjoy it and give it a renewed life!

Really my Yamaha 700 Grizz and my WheelHorse GT14/ LawnBoy 2 stroke Silver series/----Oh ya and the new DR PRO Trimmer(I am good to go)and lawn looks neat and sweet!
Could have stuck them in the barn/woods---------------------but why not give them a life.

No regrets!
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Re: Got rid of my 66 Bronco yesterday-----wife finally won!

Post by hightime »

Wait a minute, I just bought a '66 Bronco. How could you sell it? I sold all three that I've owned over the years, and now I wanted one again. Wow have they gone up in price. I'd like to have seen yours.

Owen
Last edited by hightime on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

hightime wrote:Wait a minute, I just bought a '66 Bronco. How could you sell it? I sold all three that I've owned over the years, and now I wanted one again. Wow have they gone up in price. I'd like to have seen yours.

Owen

sh
She looked pretty darn good----------all original paint(except)gray primer on Rocker panels/half the tailgate.
Honestly a clean vehicle.
Man would that baby go---(no steering stops)you could put it in low range going up a hill, get out and dog walk beside it. :lol:
That little 170(6) with 3 on the tree------sweet. Even I could work on that one(never needed to though)
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Was it a half cab? The one I just bought was from WY. about fifteen years ago, the garaged in SW. MN since then. It came up on Craigs list for about half of normal price. I got it for $500 more than he was asking at $3,000. No rust on dents , 64,000 miles. I could sell it in a min. for $7,000. or ten parted out.

Owen
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Sounds like you had a very desirable Bronco. 1966 was first year of production, and that one didn't get used too much. It's good that you have passed it on without regret to someone who will use it rather than let it sit.
I know you probably second guessed yourself (did I do the right thing?) It's tough to let go of something that has been a part of your life for so long! Yes, you did the right thing.

I know the feeling. Last spring I sold our 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air 2-door hardtop that we had owned just shy of 25 years. It was a nice car, but as we aged it no longer fit our lifestyle. Sure was tough to see someone else drive it off!

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

hightime wrote:Was it a half cab? The one I just bought was from WY. about fifteen years ago, the garaged in SW. MN since then. It came up on Craigs list for about half of normal price. I got it for $500 more than he was asking at $3,000. No rust on dents , 64,000 miles. I could sell it in a min. for $7,000. or ten parted out.

Owen
Mine had the original full removable white hardtop(body original turquoise blue) with the usual metal divider wall behind the front 2 buckets.
It will need a new muffler soon because today I see where it sat on the ground there is a section of it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Shasta wrote:It's good that you have passed it on without regret to someone who will use it rather than let it sit.
I know you probably second guessed yourself (did I do the right thing?) It's tough to let go of something that has been a part of your life for so long! Yes, you did the right thing.
SHASTA
+1!

My wife used to get after me to sell my 210 Sedan... especially after I rebuilt it. But... I think she's comin' around... she even mentioned putting A/C in it... So many projects, so little money!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

My wife had a beautiful '69 Bronco wagon and misses it dearly. So that made buying this one easy. Wives, always a challenge. I couldn't get another gun, boat, cycle, but a Bronco, yes. Oh I guess I could work on the house , if I want.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

hightime wrote:Wives, always a challenge... Oh I guess I could get another job, if I want.
There, fixed that for ya!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

You guys are going to think I am a wimp now---------------especially coming from someone that until I gave it to my nephew(1969 F100 13" Superlift(44" TSL Super Swampers) Canary yellow short bed(mint) with a B&B 390cid and BW T10 toploader.

I love my 2001(FWD)little Ford Escape----FRONT WHEEL DRIVE :lol:
OMG-----that little 2.0 Zetec , 5 speed get 30mpg---------has 122,000 absolutely perfect and I can sleep in it fishing. Even has original exhaust.
So far-------tires/EGR valve/water pump(worked but getting little noisy--$40) Even in town it "sips: extremely little gas. drive it 3,500 miles check oil dipstick (A OK)

That's it!

Wife has a 4x4 Sportage but that little Ford-----Honestly(has my old Bronco all beat to snot) :lol: for actually using it! (my needs now/got a butt kicking big ATV)

Put $15 in it and drive man drive! No rust and still looks like it always did!
Call it my lifted (Ford Focus) :wink:

And with this one-------going up a hill the windshield wipers don't slow down/speed up going down :lol: (that is kinda cool though) :D
She was a tough booger though and will I miss it ??-----------------------Yes!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

You gave away a truck with Super Swampers on it?????? You are MAD. :D Just joking as every guy I talked to who put Super Swampers on their Jeep told me your lucky to get 10,000 miles out of 'em.

Well Madman, you got the junk out of the yard, some bucks in yo pocket....wadda gonna do now???? Going to the T-bar?? :D Can I come??? :D --------------------------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I had some reservations selling a few things last year --- some motorcycles that had accumulated over the years, like guns sometimes tend to do --- a couple nice 2 strokes. I was holding onto them because many say the 2 stroke is experiencing a comeback in the dirt biking world because they are easy and cheap to work on --- when a modern single cylinder racing 4 stroke gets unhappy, it gets expensive in comparison

I came to the realization that I like my newer 4 strokes and the old stuff would continue to gather dust unless I made a move --- man, it actually felt good to see 'em go , almost like losing weight or something (which in a way I was)
Proceeds were immediately put into another new 4 stroke and all the modifications they require to run (billet clutch, suspension mods, little bit of engine work etc) -- I figured the proceeds from selling toys should go back into the "racing effort" :lol: -- basically an "eye for an eye" philosophy
----- Doug
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Sixgun wrote:You gave away a truck with Super Swampers on it?????? You are MAD. :D Just joking as every guy I talked to who put Super Swampers on their Jeep told me your lucky to get 10,000 miles out of 'em.

Well Madman, you got the junk out of the yard, some bucks in yo pocket....wadda gonna do now???? Going to the T-bar?? :D Can I come??? :D --------------------------6

"What Bucks in pocket" ???---------------as I said bro-----------------was Pay it forward time.
Even gave the lad $50 to help with towing! :lol:
Also gave him my 1976 DT175 Yamaha 2 stroke (1400 miles) :lol:

Now-----------If I can just get out of the back yard my brother's huge welding rig(he custom built, Even trailer)it actually made Top Spot of Lincoln Welding Magazine years back.
It is this huge "overkill trailer" on board it houses a 100 gallon Horizontal air tank/850 amp Torpedo welder/driven by a supped up 318 cid 1972 Mopar engine. He built an on board computer/diagnostics computer(mil-spec)to oversee it running condition----example---if it gets low on oil/coolant/or anything wrong----the system will automatically warn you/if you do nothing it will go into emergency self protection mode and shut itself down explaining why. I have never seen anything like it. Though he is a Head/Lead Senior Electrical Design Engineer(for our top Military Defense Programs)but he is also a mechanical marvel/major tinkerer.When 6 years old when most kids were getting race tracks------like me. he was getting SKS socket sets and acting like the Red Ryder kid on movie Christmas story.
At 11 years old he rebuilt his Gravely Two Wheel Cultivator got from neighbor (engine)-----then towed all the neighbor kids around in a wagon pulled by it.
One of the big Gravel pit /Concrete Companies had a D9 dozer with a big time split/cracked front blade. Seems everybody and anybody tried to repair it-------Never held up. My bro heard about it--------pulled his unit over to the place with his 1 ton GMC 4x4
Said-----Don't want no money----can I try/heard about it---------he fixed it and it has stayed fixed. (Owner of Company said----want a full time job being our Companies fabricator/maintenance person? brother said------thanks but you guys couldn't afford me smiling. :oops:
Being just his fun (pressure relief hobby.)

And no--------------------He ain't givin/sellin that (welding/thinking/lost in space robot) :lol:
But it sure bugs the wife starring at it out the bow window/or deck (back yard) :lol:
probably be paying for tow for that too----but where cause his place is spotless?????????? (him thinking ya just let my bro store it) :D :wink:

My lifted truck--------what was its name on it/and bug shield.??????
(ONE FINE SIXTY-NINE) used to have the ladies (good looking ones at least)blow me a kisses at the crosswalks while me be sitting way up high and dry playing then Billy Idol tunes (off of Vital Idol) :oops:-----(Got the close to the Mohawk on the side cut/ray ban shades)
Sure miss sitting "upright"-------butt on the ground under its bed drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon brew when it rained!

Wife says-----------------I am still a redneck! :oops: (maybe,but she be good looking and built up too) :mrgreen: