My Shoulder HURTS!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

My Shoulder HURTS!

Post by Griff »

A day of production! A little over 900 rounds of cartridges with 2 different bullets and one powder, Clays. For two different purposes. Loaded up 200 rounds each of Cowboy45Special & 45 Colt with 160 round flat nose bullets. These are for CAS. The 45 Colts are for the 1873 Uberti rifle, 24" barrel, If I've got the load figured out right... it should be about 850fps. Light recoiling, but fairly flat for the 35-50 yard shots anticipated. The C45S are for the Colt SAA, with an expected velocity of 750 fps, these should be as consistent and RedDot loads I last loaded... but my RedDot was getting low, so I switched to Clays.

The other bullet was a 200 grain RFN and I used in the 45ACP for the 1911 and more 45Colt for the rifle, but used in Wild Bunch matches. In order to make the 150 power factor. Which requires about 750 fps as a floor. However, with different chambers and rifling, you don't want to take the chance that you fall under the 150, cause 149.9 will disqualify you. So I targeted 811 fps for both loads. 300 runds of 45ACP and another 200 of 45Colt.

Have to set aside a day to catch up on my shotshell reloading...

All in all, tiring, but a productive day! Sure is nice to see the stash building up, after weeks and weeks of depleting it!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Shoulder HURTS!

Post by Pete44ru »

:shock:

Thet sounds like you should change yore handle to "Dillon"......... :mrgreen:

(and I don't mean the Marshall, either ;) )

COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

COSteve wrote:Hurts as in sore from handloading? If so, you should seriously consider upgrading your press to a good progressive. My XL650 with roller handle is so easy and fast to use that I've done 4,700rds of pistol (40s&w and 45acp) or 2,700rds of .223 and 700rds of 30-06; each in a single 9 hours stretch with a break for lunch and including clean-up at the end.

A good press and setup makes all the difference.

Dude....I've seen some CEOs that didn't have offices that nice :lol: :lol:
(Randy Garrett's production room was not that big :shock: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
ColColt
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ColColt »

Looks like a hospital compared to mine. Neatness and organization like that is a sickness.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

ColColt wrote:Looks like a hospital compared to mine. Neatness and organization like that is a sickness.
Verily!

And I have a progressive... Oooppps, 2!

The shoulder hurts from Bursitis. I actally onlt spent about 3-½ hours loading, including changing shell plate once, dies once, and adjusting the seating stems. The rest of the time was cleaning up, sorting brass outta the tumblers; and pulling two 45ACP cases from my 45Colt sizing/decapping die! (Really easy to do on a single stage... hard on a progressive! Thank heavens for the RockChucker mounted and ready to go)!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey Griff, Aren't you the guy who always demands pictures? Lets see those 900 rounds!

I believe 'ya. With the going price of about $50 for a box of 45 L. Colts, that means that you saved yourself quite a bit of bucks. --------------------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Very posh gentlemen....I'll not show you my bench :roll:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:Hey Griff, Aren't you the guy who always demands pictures? Lets see those 900 rounds!
I believe 'ya. With the going price of about $50 for a box of 45 L. Colts, that means that you saved yourself quite a bit of bucks. --------------------6
Too late, I'm in AZ and they're still in TX! But hey! It was very gratifying to dump those 300 rounds of 45ACP into the GI can and have it up over ½ full again! Here's a "before" shot! :P

The C45S & 45Colt went into 100 rnd plastic boxes.

At the match on Sunday I bought 120 rounds of PMC X193 5.56 and the can they came in for $20 and 2 1lb cans of BP for $14...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

When I tell my doctor my shoulder hurts he ask me what have I been doing to make it hurt. I tell him and he says " Well don't do that "! :lol: RR7
"That'll Be The Day"
ColColt
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ColColt »

Them 'ritus brothers can be a pain for sure...especially Burr. I had that twice and the doc shot me in the shoulder with Cortisone with the biggest needle I ever saw...looked like a basketball pump.