Wow, what a gun show.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Wow, what a gun show.

Post by hightime »

Maybe it's the same where you live. Gun shows have the same vendors no matter which town is hosting them. Yesterday I went to my home town show. Duluth is the biggest town for a 100 miles or more. I was surprised that it seems to have attracted much bigger dealers, and the amount of neat stuff was mind blowing. I don't have much money to spend, but enjoyed looking. The one thing that is still stuck in my mind is a set of checkered S&W grips that might fit my New Model Three replica. Hard to justify $250 for them though. I did find several old Weaver scopes with the rear bell and straight front. I want one for my Winchester Legacy. It's the only carry handle I can stand to put on. I need one scoped levergun. $50 got me a 1 1/2 power in nice shape. Those grips still are eating away at me. Maybe I'll go back.

Owen
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Wow, what a gun show.

Post by Pitchy »

Sounds like we should of waited to come up there until the weekend.
I`ve been told that because of the many foreigners that come in on the ore boats that there is a lot of interesting stuff to be found at the pawn shops in Duluth ??
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Do post a picture of that Winchester Legacy when ya get it all set up. 8)
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

$250 for grips? They had better be originals or made of ivory/stag.

Over the years, I have seen lots of dealers put astronomical prices on goods that looked nice, but try to get your money back in a resale.

Its also a good idea, that if you decide to spend that kind of bucks, to see if they fit...first----------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

If you are going to spend that much on grips, I would get a set of Esmeralda's; probably cheaper too.