Dreams

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ms Boots
Levergunner 2.0

Dreams

Post by Ms Boots »

Well we ALL have them, dreams, but lately due to the moon? work? stress? change? I have had dreams and lived all over again days of joy and sorrow. Days of fun and not so fun!
Last night I was climbing a tree to my stand hunting black bear. I was in a leg brace due to a buck off a horse so Ollogger was covering me.
I had both hands on the climb and he had his cover gun and my Ruger 338 on his reach right behind me.
It seemed to take forever to get to my perch, but once there I was feeling so good and with the activity around the bait the past few weeks, positive that something was going to happen tonight.
We settled in the tree stand and all was quiet and exciting.
I heard rustling not too long after we settled and with 338 in hand, eye balls popping out waiting for the dream bear.... out popped two DNR folk.
What a night mare....
Psalms 83:18 Dan 2:44
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Dreams

Post by Griff »

What a let down!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

It ticks me off to no end, when DNR/Game Warden types ruin a hunt like that - there's no valid reason for it, when they can easily "check" a hunter's validation(s) before/after the hunter enters/leaves a hunting stand/area (If they're doing their job properly).

FWIW, I'd have taken their names & filed a formal/written complaint with the State DNR aboutit.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dreams are fascinating stuff. Most of them happen without the person being aware - unless they wake up at the right time. Supposedly a 'long' dream in terms of the 'plot-line' only takes a few seconds - kind of like a snapshot with a story it reflects.

Some docs and others I think put too much 'meaning' into dreams and terrify people. Mostly they are probably like a hard-drive consolidating files and deciding what to archive vs. discard - sometimes important events are re-visited in the process.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

You have to stop eating those mushrooms.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

So they weren't in season or you didn't have a tag?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ms Boots
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ms Boots »

Pete44ru wrote:.

It ticks me off to no end, when DNR/Game Warden types ruin a hunt like that - there's no valid reason for it, when they can easily "check" a hunter's validation(s) before/after the hunter enters/leaves a hunting stand/area (If they're doing their job properly).

FWIW, I'd have taken their names & filed a formal/written complaint with the State DNR aboutit.

What happened was I could not find my license before the hunt. I misplaced it.
Wanting to be all legal I called and told them I may have lost my license but then found it.
Was very excited about this hunt and was willing to buy another one if I had to.
But I found it.
So I never called them back but already RED FLAG, know what I mean??
We had a lot against us. Loggers for one thing.
Don't like the select cut timber managers..... then ruin a girls first bear hunt... that they did.
I made sure after they checked my license and started walking away I HOWLED!!!
With cast on my leg, it took A lifetime to get up the tree and DOWN!
As they walked away they heard me howlin!
The hunt went on but not up in that tree. :roll:
Ms Boots
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ms Boots »

Rusty wrote:So they weren't in season or you didn't have a tag?
:twisted: darn I didn't have a tag... they were in season..... wrong tag! bear was in season :D

I was peeling jack pine for a fence out back, you know, "early fall" like August, when my dog, blue heeler, Opie at my side heard this growling.
Opie was at his stance with hair standing up and growing.
I stood up and looked behind me to really not see but HEAR the growling and puffing of a bear.
OK,.... I said to Opie lets go... and laid down my draw knife and walked with back turned slowly to the house.
I got to the house and loaded the 338 and returned to my post peeling jack pine.
Opie now lay quiet as I worked keeping a ready eye to warn me if need be.
AHHHHH the good Ole Days 8)
Ms Boots
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ms Boots »

Mescalero wrote:You have to stop eating those mushrooms.

Please enter duce me to what you call mushrooms please? Along with Sixguns what ever that happy weed is I might make a meal? YUM!
:wink:
Another dude added to the "husband" non believers! :shock:
Ms Boots
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ms Boots »

AJMD429 wrote:Dreams are fascinating stuff. Most of them happen without the person being aware - unless they wake up at the right time. Supposedly a 'long' dream in terms of the 'plot-line' only takes a few seconds - kind of like a snapshot with a story it reflects.

Some docs and others I think put too much 'meaning' into dreams and terrify people. Mostly they are probably like a hard-drive consolidating files and deciding what to archive vs. discard - sometimes important events are re-visited in the process.
I find dreams in all stages. Real and not real, good and not so good.
I can tell myself during a dream that this is NOT REAL and to wake up.
STOP laughing or STOP crying its not real.
I find myself waking to giggling some times, then the terror ones I tell myself this is not real and to QUIT. Most of the time it works.
The good dreams are things lived and remembering and the bad ones are the fear of.
as I walk with my beloved Dances with Wolves and Cayenne I dream. Fully awake but can close my eyes and see a misty morning, clouds wrapped around the mountains peaks and feel the mist on my face as sun breaks from the east, rising, and in the misty fog young colts and fillies dance full of life, on my east hill, I can smell the honeysuckle on a gentle breeze drawn to me by an early morning gentle wind, my eyes drawn back to young new born horses full of dance and life, the earthy smell of dewy grass, Dances and Cayenne darting around with the smell of Jack rabbits and if a dog could smile it would be now.
There is no thought but the current moment, Pure joy in smelling and breathing life in and out.
Nothing more important than the iron on my side and the love on either side with Dances and Cayenne, and the memories that keep it real whether day or night, I have dreams....
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Ms Boots wrote:
Mescalero wrote:You have to stop eating those mushrooms.

Please enter duce me to what you call mushrooms please? Along with Sixguns what ever that happy weed is
"Mushrooms" refers to "magic mushrooms", aka Psilocybin mushrooms ( known as psychedelic mushrooms), and are fungi that contain psychoactive indole alkaloids - popular amongst 60's & 70"s "flower people", and said to making a comeback on the party scene, lately.

Likewise, happy weed = weed = marijuana....................

I think.... ;) . :roll:

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

That is what I meant, but I do not know how to identify them.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

What are "Dreams"?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thank you for sharing your dreams. I dream mostly about my time in the service or with a military theme. I much prefer your dreams that ou have shared. Blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have been to a couple of sleep studies and I don't go into REM sleep. I seriously don't have any reference for understanding dreams.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

I was with Shelby the Swampman in the jet boat in the high back water of a swamp. We were ating wild muscadines from a vine and waiting on someone in another boat. Shelby was eating the muscadines seeds and all. I was spitting out the seeds 'cause they give me the belly-ache. Then the other boat was coming and Shelby fired up the engine and said, "Let's go!". I opened my eyes and it was exactly 0430. Time to get up and go to work.....
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I can remember bits and pieces, but they are disjointed and mostly make no sense.
Some are quite scary.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Lot's of Army dreams.....Never too bad, but, something is always wrong. I forgot something...I'm late for something....I can't find something....Sometimes, with luck, there is a pretty girl involved...... 8) There are exciting ones where I'm saving the world from Hoards of Invaders..... :oops: :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV