Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Uberti Done Good

Post by jnyork »

I have the Plain Jane version of that same rifle in 44-40, very happy with it. Looks like you have a dandy there, congratulations. :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I really like the subdued colors on the receiver...Is that what they call an antique finish? Very, very nice :mrgreen: 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

BlaineG wrote:I really like the subdued colors on the receiver...Is that what they call an antique finish? Very, very nice :mrgreen: 8)
No, that's Uberti's case color. Somewhat muted as compared to Turnbull etc., but perhaps closer to the original? I dunno, but it generally looks very nice.

Yes! That's a fine looking rifle and I do like the way Uberti puts their arms together. It may not be completely up to original Winchester custom ordered rifle standards, but it sure is better than any American factory product and I think they do a better job than Miroku as well.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I only have a bog standard Uberti 66 Carbine but I must say it is very well put together as was the 73 Carbine I used to have.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

That rifle is a pleasure to behold.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Steve,

I have one of the 1st five Uberti rifles imported to the US in .45 Colt... a '73 Sporting Rifle.

The rifle has been beat up, thrown, dropped and cleaned religiously. The stock has numerous dings, the receiver bunches of scratches... the bluing is starting to thin in some spots on the barrel, bluing is almost totally gone on the buttplate, and I couldn't begin to count the number rounds fired thru it... but, on the negative side, I had to replace the bolt (failed attempt to replace a broken extractor), and I've upgraded the pin that holds the firing pin extension... the newer ones use a larger diameter pin. I've also replaced the screws with the hardened ones from VTI.

I've shot both BP & smokeless loads, from mild CAS loads with 160 grain lead @ ~900fps to 240 grain jacketed rounds at ~1000fps for piggies... and have enjoyed them all. Keep the toggle pins, along with the carrier and lever springs well lubed. They're great rifles, I've really enjoyed mine.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

They really do make a quality product, I shoot a 1866 yellowboy 19 inch carbine in 44-40 for blackpowder CAS matches. :D
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

As I said in the other post, I'll be waiting to hear how she shoots with your reloads. here' mine.

Owen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Yes, they are sweet. I love mine. :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

She's a beaut, for sure! :mrgreen: 8)

I have several Uberti firearms. No wonder Beretta purchased them years ago - they make wonderful firearms! :D
1894c

Post by 1894c »

CoSteve ---LUCKY, wow that's a very nice rifle...can't wait to see how it shoots oranges, golf balls, and the other assorted items that you like to shoot at...YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO PICK 'EM... :)
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

All I can say is wow - and drool.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Steve----you didn't just buy a shootin iron, you also made a great investment. You will have pride in that rifle all the rest of your life. I'm glad for you.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Looks great!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Just like the one I had.like a work of Art. :) .
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Roland
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Roland »

I'm getting a 20" short rifle Uberti and Cattleman 4 3/4" pretty soon, both in .357. They will be dedicated black powder platforms. I definitely want a tang sight on the rifle and I was wonder what brand is yours, and is it windage adjustable?

I'm looking for alternatives to marbles because while I got one on m 9422 I think it's real flimsy and wouldn't really want to buy it for another rifle.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Whoever said that Uberti color casing doesn't last, must really treat their rifles badly. I took these yesterday, This rifle is 27 years old, built in 1986 and I purchased it in late 1987 from the original buyer who'd had it back to EMF twice to fix the extractor... It'd been shipped back to Italy once, and the second time it went to VTI, who finally fixed it right. I shot it without any hiccups until 1995 when I broke... another extractor. I ruined the bolt trying to shortcut installing a new extractor, and I just ordered a new bolt. A few months ago, I found out about the new ones having larger firing pin extension pins, and had mine refitted for this larger hardened pin.

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Roland
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Roland »

I read something that the Lyman #2 is only screw adjustable, but it had some kind of index or scale on it? I haven't seen any pictures good enough to give an idea of that, but is that anywhere good enough to make it so you can have repeatable settings? Like you could write down this setting for XXX range with this load and bullet?