Speaking of motorcycles and guns...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Speaking of motorcycles and guns...

Post by stew71 »

I recently touched base with an old friend from school. He, his father, and I used to shoot CMP matches about 10 years ago with our Garands up at a range outside of Nevada City, CA. Well his father passed away last year and they discovered that he left me a 50 cal ammo can full of Lake City M2 still in the original bandoliers along with about 120 rounds of Greek HXP M2.

This weekend was sunny in the mid-80's. What a great day for a ride. So I hopped on the Yamaha, rode up the hill to visit my friends and pick up the ammo. Later that afternoon, I decided to check in with another friend outside of Colfax.

I can't think of a better way to spend the day than on the bike underneath beautiful skies, riding twisty mountain roads, sharing a beer with old friends, and stuffing my sidecases with M2 30-06.

:mrgreen:
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Re: Speaking of motorcycles and guns...

Post by Paladin »

I shall express my condolences on the friend may his ammo be used as it was designed for.
Rode to Alpine and Julian down south myself.
It is not the critic who counts
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I know California sucks but the riding weather is incredible. I was riding home in February at midnight with just jeans, a hoodie sweatshirt and light gloves. In a single day I can ride through some winding canyons, (Hwy 74), to the beach, have lunch, then ride inland and go up the mountain to Big Bear, then down the backway home. Less than 200 miles total. You just got to imagine you're not in Cali. :lol:
Sounds like you had a great ride. Can't wait to heal up so I can ride again. Stay safe brother.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Yep, there's a lot about CA that sucks big time (I lost two bikes to uninsured aliens on the freeways), but there's also some incredible riding available. A quick putt up the coast to Santa Barbara or Morro Bay, or some lonesome rides through the desert. Loads of fun...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A ride along the Klamath river, into Happy Camp, was an incredibly beautiful ride. No one but us were going that way.

Happy Camp Big Foot

Remember Jim "Bestlever" Lawrence, RIP? He taught me The Cougar Crouch *patpend*

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV