Another update

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Another update

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hi fellas -

Some of you may notice I have a lot of posts today - during normal working hours. No, I haven't lost my job or am playing hooky. I am home recovering from a second "nerve root block injection" I had yesterday afternoon. Here was my first post:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... ve#p595007

The shot appears to have helped a minor amount. Enough so that my doctor ordered up a second shot. Figured they found the exact right spot, so this one was going to be with more medication.

I opted again to do it without sedation. They just give you a local and go at it with a very long needle. I figured it wouldn’t be that different than last time, and though painful, it was no big deal.

I should have known this one would be different when the doctor said they would be injecting more stuff this round. I did ask what specifically the “stuff” is – and he responded that it was a steroid (to reduce inflammation) and a pain killer (lydacaine).

They were doing the injection, and though I was in pain, I thought it was going well and nearly over, gauging it by the time it took last time. Just when I thought he was finished he said “okay, this is going to be very uncomfortable. Please hold still.”

Heck, it had been “very uncomfortable” already. I didn’t like the sound of that!

I’m pretty sure he injected hot lava directly into my spine. I darn near torn the head rest off the table I was laying on. Felt like he was jabbing my spine and hip bone, repeated, with a sharp spear, and it lasted for several minutes. It was everything I could do not to scream like a little girl!

Now I feel like I’ve been hit by a Mack truck (as many of you know, I do know what that feels like). Hopefully, this works. They told me to stay in bed as much as possible that day and today, and that I will feel worse for the next 2-3 days before I should start to feel relief. Same drill as last time. I was in bed the rest of the day Thursday when I got home, but I am sitting in a recliner now, with ice on my back, as I had to get out of bed (my back was killing me). I'm still doing a little work, but thought I'd check in here as well as it had been a couple days, and I didn't want to let anyone down now that I am a "junior-assistant-peon second class moderator" (my real title to any who wanted to "be green").

Thank you all for your prayers!

YK
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another update

Post by rjohns94 »

Praying for you!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Wow! that sounds way too painful... :shock: Get well soon Jay, you are in my prayers for sure... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Well, Bro, I am NOT :mrgreen: with envy vis-a-vis your latest endeavors... :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

Wow... I got a creaky back, but nothing to hold a candle to that! Advil and ice is where I'm at.

Hope it works, I've heard of that working before.

Hang in there and get well soon.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Best Wishes!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Where/what is the problem? PM if you like.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

A friend of mine went thru that a couple of years back, took him 4 or 5 shots and about six weeks of being a "recliner potato" before he was able to go back to work. Prayers up.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

yeah prayers UP bro

I almost hurled my couch potato chips reading that description

I'm hurting all over and might have to resort to the store bought placebos!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Absolutly terrifing to Me. May the Good Lord Help You. My back is always one move away from :cry: :shock: .
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Hang tough Jay.....better days ahead nd prayers up amigo.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Prayers up. Been there, done that. Hopefully it works cuz it looks like surgery is your next step.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Hang in there, thinking of you.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Hi fellas -

Some of you may notice I have a lot of posts today - during normal working hours. No, I haven't lost my job or am playing hooky. I am home recovering from a second "nerve root block injection" I had yesterday afternoon. Here was my first post:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... ve#p595007

The shot appears to have helped a minor amount. Enough so that my doctor ordered up a second shot. Figured they found the exact right spot, so this one was going to be with more medication.

I opted again to do it without sedation. They just give you a local and go at it with a very long needle. I figured it wouldn’t be that different than last time, and though painful, it was no big deal.

I should have known this one would be different when the doctor said they would be injecting more stuff this round. I did ask what specifically the “stuff” is – and he responded that it was a steroid (to reduce inflammation) and a pain killer (lydacaine).

They were doing the injection, and though I was in pain, I thought it was going well and nearly over, gauging it by the time it took last time. Just when I thought he was finished he said “okay, this is going to be very uncomfortable. Please hold still.”

Heck, it had been “very uncomfortable” already. I didn’t like the sound of that!

I’m pretty sure he injected hot lava directly into my spine. I darn near torn the head rest off the table I was laying on. Felt like he was jabbing my spine and hip bone, repeated, with a sharp spear, and it lasted for several minutes. It was everything I could do not to scream like a little girl!

Now I feel like I’ve been hit by a Mack truck (as many of you know, I do know what that feels like). Hopefully, this works. They told me to stay in bed as much as possible that day and today, and that I will feel worse for the next 2-3 days before I should start to feel relief. Same drill as last time. I was in bed the rest of the day Thursday when I got home, but I am sitting in a recliner now, with ice on my back, as I had to get out of bed (my back was killing me). I'm still doing a little work, but thought I'd check in here as well as it had been a couple days, and I didn't want to let anyone down now that I am a "junior-assistant-peon second class moderator" (my real title to any who wanted to "be green").

Thank you all for your prayers!

YK
Hang in there :lol:
I went thourgh that for 18 months (had 6 of those just like this one you had), then in 2007 had C5-C6 fused, then in 2008 had L5-S1 fused
Later they told me you are not supposed to have more than 2 a year because it will start to damage your vertebrea.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Praying you feel better soon.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

OK, tough guy, I hope you learned your lesson and take sedation next time! Jay, you're in my prayers for a successful outcome and no more pain. Rest easy, friend.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Look up "Radio-frequency surgery", and try that if you don't get lasting relief from the nerve block. PM me, I have had a lot of experience with back & neck pain.

Steve
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I too have chronic lower back pain but after reading that, I am feeling pretty dang good. Like you, I can't stand to just sit or lay around. Hope it goes by quickly for you.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Hang in there man! Sounds like it sucks BIG TIME and I'm praying that it will work in the next 24 hrs.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright