There aren't any wolves in Alabama......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

There aren't any wolves in Alabama......

Post by draperjojo »

taken about 10 miles out of Coker Alabama....
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: There aren't any wolves in Alabama......

Post by Mescalero »

There are no melonastic Jaguars in N.M. either.
But I have seen it, and have been keeping tabs on it.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

There may BE wolves in Alabamy, but those are not wolves. Malamutes. Or a mixed breed. But not wolves.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

Dem is dogs.Probably mixed malamute breed.The over abundance of white on the front shoulders is not right for wolves.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

i thought that as well.....wild dogs...they just happen to be mixed breed
with huskies or malumute
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

I am certainly no expert, but wild (feral) dogs was my first thought also. Certainly would not want to encounter them without a 20 or 12 gauge pump shotgun loaded with buckshot. Just in case they feel hungry and want to put me on the menu.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Looks like someone dropped a litter off in the woods and at least four of them survived.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Heads are too narrow for wolves. Also, they're carrying their tails up over their back. Wolves carry their bushy tail low.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

My uncle just sent me this regarding the pic.

They escaped from a pen. Have killed more than a dozen goats and maimed a horse belonging to a friend of mine. Two have been shot. They know there are at least one more pair still loose.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I remember an article about huge numbers of feral dogs threatening even kids at bus stops in Georgia. IIRC this was in the early 1970s. Such things are bound to recur.

I'm sure the trail camera photo gave the hunters some valuable info. It is a good reason to go armed when out walking about.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If half a dozen "Beloved Family Pets" are running together, chances are, bad news is afoot....They might as well be wolves, because in their minds they have reverted to a hunting pack....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Maybe not wolves, but look like shooters to me! :shock: :lol:
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Need shooting!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

junkbug wrote:I am certainly no expert, but wild (feral) dogs was my first thought also. Certainly would not want to encounter them without a 20 or 12 gauge pump shotgun loaded with buckshot. Just in case they feel hungry and want to put me on the menu.
I'd rather face that many wolves than feral dogs. You've got a better chance of the wolves having developed a fear of man than the feral dogs. My personal choice for such an encounter would be a Springfield Scout/Squad.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

jeepnik wrote:
junkbug wrote:I am certainly no expert, but wild (feral) dogs was my first thought also. Certainly would not want to encounter them without a 20 or 12 gauge pump shotgun loaded with buckshot. Just in case they feel hungry and want to put me on the menu.
I'd rather face that many wolves than feral dogs. You've got a better chance of the wolves having developed a fear of man than the feral dogs. My personal choice for such an encounter would be a Springfield Scout/Squad.
Don't know where you get your information, but wolves, especially in a pack, are not afraid of anything and they are twice the size of most feral dogs. Come to Wyoming some time and I will show you the difference.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Canines in a pack, unsupervised by an Alpha (a human for dogs) are nothing but dangerous.

If those dogs are roaming, they need to be shot before they kill something.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
TomG514
Levergunner

Post by TomG514 »

There are Red Wolves on Redstone Arsenal.

Don't talk about them much but they are there.

CSM (Retired)
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Meeteetse wrote:
jeepnik wrote:
Don't know where you get your information, but wolves, especially in a pack, are not afraid of anything and they are twice the size of most feral dogs. Come to Wyoming some time and I will show you the difference.
I guess I didn't quite make myself clear. I was speaking more to the fact that feral dogs, especially those that have once been domesticated have no fear of people. And many people seeing a "dog" will not fear it thinking it's a lost pet. Bad combination.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

jeepnik wrote:
Meeteetse wrote:
jeepnik wrote:
I guess I didn't quite make myself clear. I was speaking more to the fact that feral dogs, especially those that have once been domesticated have no fear of people. And many people seeing a "dog" will not fear it thinking it's a lost pet. Bad combination.
+++1, I agree
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.