Any suggestions for peep sight that

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Any suggestions for peep sight that

Post by rjohns94 »

Sits on railed receiver of a second year 9422? I have one. Desire a receiver peep sight. It's not drilled or tapped. Receiver has the machined rails for a scope. Thanks
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Any suggestions for peep sight that

Post by Mescalero »

Skinner.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I think one of the models of Willliams guide receiver sights may. The old Browning T-bolts had such a sight also.

Here's the Williams page. The one that fits tip-off 22 receivers is the WGRS 54.

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/wgrs.htm
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

If you want more adjustment from your sight you can also get the Williams FP 94/36 either with, or without target knobs
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

Williams also make a specific FP sight for grooved dovetail receivers. These are the click adjustable models. Check their site because I believe there are two different heights available. They are always helpful with telephoned questions too.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The Williams "FP" series makes one that rides those grooves on the top of 22 LR receivers, and is adjustable with repeatable 'click' type adjustments. On the other hand, it is kind of wide and awkward looking on a narrow gun like a levergun, so another option is the Williams "WGRS" that isn't 'click' adjustable but still has a good range of adjustments. I think the FP can go 'lower' than the WGRS though, so the WGRS might mean raising your front sight.

My "> tons of peeps" post has lots of pictures of those sights plus the Skinner.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
North Country Gal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by North Country Gal »

My Skinner 9422 peep (black gold option) on my 9422 Annie Oakley. The Skinner is made specifically for the groove dimensions of the 9422.

GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

North Country Gal wrote:My Skinner 9422 peep (black gold option) on my 9422 Annie Oakley. The Skinner is made specifically for the groove dimensions of the 9422.

Now, that's slick. Fits right nice on that fine lookin' rifle. You really chose well.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
North Country Gal
Levergunner 2.0

GoatGuy wrote:
North Country Gal wrote:My Skinner 9422 peep (black gold option) on my 9422 Annie Oakley. The Skinner is made specifically for the groove dimensions of the 9422.

Now, that's slick. Fits right nice on that fine lookin' rifle. You really chose well.
Thanks. Just figured anything less would look a little tacky on this gun. Definitely not cheap on the peep, but figured I'd splurge a little for this one.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

North Country Gal wrote:Image
I hope you don't mind, but that was such a good-lookin' picture I added it to my "tons of peeps" post... 8)
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I got a Williams recently, it was tight on the dovetails but went on.

Love it.

I did get a taller front too!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You might really find THIS thread of interest - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=39975

North Country Gal
Levergunner 2.0

AJMD429 wrote:
North Country Gal wrote:Image
I hope you don't mind, but that was such a good-lookin' picture I added it to my "tons of peeps" post... 8)
Don't mind at all. Help yourself.
North Country Gal
Levergunner 2.0

With Skinners, you do typically have to go to a taller front sight. On my 9422, a .450" blade height works for the ranges I like to shoot. Guns, as always, are individuals, though, so when in doubt, go taller. You can always file down a sight, but you can't make it grow.