Y. C. Ca.Gun Show

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Y. C. Ca.Gun Show

Post by pwl44m »

I set up Fri nite, 1 table full of Guns ,Junk and Ammo. I did pretty well yesterday selling mostly misc. and ammo. I did sell an M1 Carbine,I took a nice 1950 model Win 94 in trade.I would say it has 80% blue with fading in the usual places.
As others have indicated I too think the scare has subsided somewhat as the panic buying just wasn't there. I took 2/525 bulk pack 22lr and sold both for $50 each. There wasn't much 22 ammo to be had. I took 223 with Me and didn't sell even 1 box @ $20 (what everybody else had Theirs priced at) go figger.
I had 2 ARs for sale priced @ $1500 and I still have 2 ARs for sale. Another dealer wants to buy just one of My uppers (Colt) but I'm tinking that wouldn't be prudent.
1 Guy wanted a Win 92 in 38-40 which I didn't have at the show. I told Him I would bring it today, We will see how bad He wants one. :lol: I had a 25-20 there but He said it was a little light as He wanted it for Hunting.
Another Guy brought in a Win 73 in 44wcf that was pretty well browned out. The Lever was the only place that I saw any blue.I wasn't all pitted like a lot of them U see. The Bore was shot out with NO rifling whatsoever at the muzzle and faint through the rest of the bore. Those are hard ones without seeing inside and the rest of the mechanics. I told Him around 7 to 8 hundred is what He might expect to get out of it which was well below B.B. When He first approached Me about it (before He brought it in) He said it was 30-40 Krag. He was looking at My 73 in the rack and said His was just like Mine with the Dust cover and lever and all. I asked Him to bring it in as I knew it wasn't 30-40, where People get these ideas I don't know.
I didn't get a chance to shop around but I will do that today. Only thing I am really looking for is a semi auto in 40 s&w to shoot up some of this 2000 rnds of ammo I have.
We will see what today brings and hopefully have a favorable report. Sorry about the longwindedness but I never did like short stories.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Y. C. Ca.Gun Show

Post by WinM71 »

I think these "longer" show reports are always interesting, you get a little flavor of the situation in various places. Good reading.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I'd like to hear more about the 38/40 and 25/20. Liked your comment about the 40SW. Have a P94 and only have 100 factory loads, and 250 bullet to reload them back up with. Still amazes me you can get $50 for a carton of 22's.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

pwl44m wrote:
As others have indicated I too think the scare has subsided somewhat as the panic buying just wasn't there.
I had 2 ARs for sale priced @ $1500 and I still have 2 ARs for sale.
I dunno, Perry - It could be most are tapped out, by now.

What I DO know is that 3 of the major local funshops are stock-full of customers every day, all day - to the point of needing one of those supermarket deli counter "take-a-number" machines @ the door, and return to the store in an hour or so, about when yer turn should come up.

IDK, about the rest of the local funshops (6 or so), because I've long refused to do business with them (variously - funky business hours, gougers, and/or a-hats).

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I will try to be brief as nuthin exciting happened today. Actually it was pretty slow all day. Seems like most folks forgot to set Their clocks ahead as it got kinda busy at 10 am then fell off and snoozed the rest of the day. I sold some 22 shorts and a few misc items and an old Double Barrel Hammer Gun. I did get a chance to shop around and nobody had a full size semi in 40 s&w. I have to find a used one or wait till the 28th before I can buy another New Gun.
@ Turtle, the 92s I have r 25-20 and 38-40. The 25 is mostly silver but is tight and shoots. Has a couple cosmetic issues but at $750 it aint no collector. The 38 is nicer Gun with a mirror bore, while not mint it don't look bad and it also shoots. While not trying very hard to sell it I priced it at $1400 to insure maybe I would bring it Home. The Guy that wanted it never came back but I had some serious lookers, just not serious enough.
Pete I think U might be right on the money issue but the Transfer Dealer did seem to carry a lot of Guns out at closing time. So ends another local show,My next one will prolly be in August but I think there is one in Red Bluff next weekend.
Untill next time- Perry
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

The other possibility is that people are just shunning gun shows these days as they assume that either there won't be anything to be had or the prices will be gouge high.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

I tried to get into the Crossroads of the West show here in Del Mar Saturday. Thought I'd wait until about 1:30 to give the line a chance to go down some. Huge mistake. There was a 2 hour wait just to get into the door because of the crowd.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Thanks for the sitrep Perry. Haven't been to a gun show in awhile, kinda nice to get reports from you guys and feel like I was there a little bit.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

@ Walker, I can't believe the lines that You and others have spoken of. Yes We had a line for about a half hour. Same with other shows I have been to.
Sore shoulder, I too like hearing about other parts of the country. Some prices I read I have to say to Myself "I woul have snagged that" and others "No way I would pay that". Even on price checks on this Forum there is quite a spread sometimes.
I get to pick up My New S&W 22 tomorrow,kinda excited on one hand but on the other trying to figure out why I bought it. :lol: other than itbeing a Gun.
Oly, it sounds as though You don't do Gun Shows. There is always the chance that some HillBilly is there trying to part with some Wares. Come to My table, I will give U a good deal !
Perry