I see .348 ammo is available

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

I see .348 ammo is available

Post by WinM71 »

I noticed on Gunbroker that there's new .348 ammo available from Winchester. It figured that they had to do a run, now that they're selling the Miroku Model 71 copy. The new ammo is 200gr "Power Point", so it looks like the Silvertip is well and truly dead. I thought they might go with the Silvertip for the .348, but it wasn't to be. Just put "348" in the search bar on GB, and there are two sellers offering it, one shows 221 units (boxes) available. That guy wants $48.74 plus "actual shipping cost". The other guy, who shows only one box, wants $49 plus $15 shipping. Not cheap, but who knows if/when they'll do another run.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Re: I see .348 ammo is available

Post by mohavesam »

One LGS has some new boxes of 348 PP. I believe he stickered them at about $75 per.

I can run 348 off on the Dillon 550 anytime I like. But I'm don to maybe 600 Hornady 220s and 150-ish Barnes 250s. I gotta replenish one of these days... ;)
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

Difference in effectiveness of Power Point vs. Silver Tip bullet in 348? I use my 71's for black bear hunting primarily. Usually use Hornady reloads in fact as Factory 348 has never been very accurate in my rifles.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I thought I saw some at Midway yesterday as I toured the rifle ammo before switching over to shotgun ammo when I was looking for Remington 2 3/4" Copper Solid shotgun sabot slugs. Midway didn't have the 2 3/4" slugs - only 3" so, I went over to Cabela's and picked up some 0f the 2 3/4" size.

Silvertips are great but I've always had good luck with Power Point too.
ED
Yer never too old