Safari sling

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Safari sling

Post by Marlin32 »

Anyone use the "safari rifle sling" Curious, looks awkward, maybe even unsafe with muzzle pointed forward.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Safari sling

Post by Old No7 »

My older brother has one and really likes it a lot. He uses it for his 7x57 Brno and 12 ga shotguns too, whatever he's carrying if he's deer hunting, he has that safari sling with him.

He says it keeps his rifle/shotgun "ready to go" and if we're trail-walking, the muzzle is pointed off to the side if I am in front or behind. He is really safety- and muzzle-conscious with it though, and sometimes I'd see him grab the muzzle and lift it up, when we'd meet up with others in the woods, or crossing a muddy brook, etc. You can also slide more or less of the sling across your chest to carry it muzzle-down or muzzle-up as needed, and then can easily slide it back to the chest-height "ready" position.

Here's an animated pix, for those who don't know what they are:
SafariSling.gif
As you can see, it can be "very fast" to mount.

If you can find someone who has one, try it out to see how you like it. Me, I just never adapted to it, but that's not saying anything bad about the design or it's features. It just wasn't for me.

Tight groups.

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

I use one on my BLR when Deer & Pig hunting. It s comfortable & quick on the target. Great while walking or on my quad bike, much quicker than out taking the rifle out of a quad bike rack or boot. It take a bit of getting use to but give it a try.
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

Reminds me of the sling set up on a Kar98k.