New gun theme show on cable, "Wild West Alaska"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

New gun theme show on cable, "Wild West Alaska"

Post by AkRay »

This show is on Animal Planet. This one has Alaska scenes, a pretty girl named Pfred, a gruff store manager and the typical reality gun shop crew. It also has some hunting footage. The show is based in Jim West's Wild West Guns in Anchorage, AK. I think I'll watch at least a few episodes.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Re: New gun theme show on cable, "Wild West Alaska"

Post by kaschi »

I've seen a couple of their episodes and they seem like genuine people. Of course, we have to keep in mind that it is "reality TV". Compared to the other two series involving gunshops I've seen (the one in LA with Red Jacket and the one in CO with that money hungry creep and his family), this one can be viewed without elevating your blood pressure.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

AkRay; meant to ask earlier, what part of Alaska you at. I was in Fairbanks and never thought to ask if any one was up there. I watched the show, lots of nice scenery. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
BILLYDIXON
Levergunner 1.0

Post by BILLYDIXON »

Thanks for the info on the show. I've just watched the show theres 3 on tonight. I lived in Anchorage for about a year in 1985. Wish I stayed but no work. Never did go hunting but did a lot of fishing. Wish I had gone hunting. I went to Africa and found out it was cheaper to hunt there than Alaska. :roll:
BD
NRA Life
GOA Life
NSSA Life
AMA Life
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

3leggedturtle, I live in Fairbanks. I watched the second episode of this show and already know the guys I don't like. I didn't like the scenes of the store managers going to garage sales to buy guns for resale in the store and making low ball offers, and then the one pestering the guy to sell his cannon when it wasn't for sale. That might be part of the gun store owner trade, but I didn't like it.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It is TV. Reality TV is an oxymoron.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I watched a couple of them and like most others on TV its obviously fake.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Hobie wrote:It is TV. Reality TV is an oxymoron.
Wha...? NOOOooooo. Please say it isn't so. :lol: :lol:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom