It is time to see what those other leverguns do

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

It is time to see what those other leverguns do

Post by big medicine »

Well guys here is the current update for the Ranch Dog postal match. Still not much of a showing by the Winchesters, Rossi, Browning, or Savage rifles.

Come on guys give it try, the more shooters the more fun.
IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

Have Winchesters. Will shoot :D :D

Can you post a link where we can see details on the postal match. When is it going to be over?
Chad
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I downloaded the target earlier today. I'm in, with my Winchester Model 1892 44 W.C.F. made in 1914.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

71fan wrote: Can you post a link where we can see details on the postal match. When is it going to be over?
Nevermind. I found it...for everyone else:
http://www.gunloads.com/fam/ranchdogmolds/PM/
Chad
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

I'm in! :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

Thanks guys!! I think it will be a lot of fun for you to shoot. Now you have an excuse to go shoot. I tell my wife, "I'm going shooting, I have to try and beat so and so in the postal match, I'll bail the lawn next week" :wink:
IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I just got some targets today. I'll give it a go with a Winchester!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Well my winnie 94 in .45colt is in I just have to get some reloading done.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

Well guys, Mike Buchanan, and Jayhawker answered the call. They kicked some bootie with their Savage and Browning rifles....Now this just ain't right :lol: Are you Winchester guys gonna take this?? And what about you Rossi shooters? Are you going to stand by and let this happen with out trying to show them up? Come on guys..step up to the plate.. :wink:

w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Big Medicine,

Thank you for spreading the word. I missed last year's postal match after competing in I, II & III. I'll be back this year with my Teddy Roosevelt '94 Winchester :D.

Looking forward to it!
w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I'm working on it. I got a bunch of targets printed off at the printer, now I just need to take my first shoot .... either this week or next.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Man O' Man....printed off three targets last Friday, shot up two of the targets Saturday with my .44 Trapper...could not hit the center! :oops: 'Course this was off hand due to the extreme tick activety up in the woods :x :x :x , but darn. Groups were respectable but just could not move 'em to the center :x :x :x . I am going to try again at my local range this weekend, as soon as I load up some more 8gr Unique behind 240gr LSWC's.

Shot the third target with an original Springfield Trapdoor Cadet w/buffington sight, put all five in the upper right quandrant of the bullseye. Go figure! Usually that one is throwing them sideways after the third shot. Heck, the last pill hit the closest to dead nuts center! :D
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

I usually print off one target and then make copies..lots of them :shock: because as Old Time Hunter is finding out, the frustration is getting the groups centered :x but it is fun.

Glad to have you guys onboard. I think you will have fun. If you have any friends that are levergun shooters try and get them to send in some targets.
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

Well guys it is heating up. folks are getting seriuos about this!! :wink: Good to see some new faces in the crowd. Don't let Dr.A or Rowdy get ya down, keep shooting. A better score is only a target away....or at least that is what I keep telling myself :lol: Just remember that ANY target sent in might be the ONE that wins the prize's So keep blasting.