For the "suppressor" fans...costs less than the tax stamp!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

For the "suppressor" fans...costs less than the tax stamp!

Post by slimster »

Thought this was a pretty cool concept some of y'all would enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=hai ... ature=fvwp
Ysabel Kid

Re: For the "suppressor" fans...costs less than the tax stam

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Interesting. I like the idea that if the goal is the quietest possible suppression, go with a larger chamber in the device. If portability is not an issue, and you have sights that will work, quieter is better.
flyfisher66048
Levergunner 1.0

Post by flyfisher66048 »

I think you would still need the tax stamp for that device.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

flyfisher66048 wrote:I think you would still need the tax stamp for that device.

Think they said you will still need the initial 200.00 tax stamp plus the 75.00 cost of the part. Then you will be free to put the different cans on different firearms.......which is about the same as a regular suppressor.

I dont like that you cant see the sights at all with those cans.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

I see that as a "genius" idea ...... something so simple and surprisingly elegant that the concept should have been thought of long ago .....

here is the product page, halfway down .....
http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/Class_III.html

Cheers,

Carl
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rube Burrows wrote:I dont like that you cant see the sights at all with those cans.
Now here's an idea. . .

What if there were an "oil filter" that was only an inch or so in diameter, and long enough to do the job of quieting the noise...????

No reason it HAS to be an actual "oil filter" either.

I'm seeing it as a "build your own baffle-unit and save money" device. LEGALLY.

Ahhh... the beauty of the Free Market and American Ingenuity...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

watch the video again ..... that adaptor ?? THAT is the actual piece which is the "suppressor" !! It is the item which is registered as a suppressor and requires the $200 tax stamp and all the paperwork.
The "suppressor" in this case has nothing at all to do with an oil filter and/or otherwise attachment of a "tubular-shaped thingie."

So the legal question becomes: if you don't have the paperwork, is mere possession of such an adaptor a felony ?? And do you have to own THAT exact make & model ?? If you build one yourself at home, do you now have something "equivalent" which thus makes you a felon ..... all reasonable questions to keep your lawyer making money on your behalf.

another thread here at Leverguns: http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=45319

Cheers,

Carl