Henri golden boy 22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Don McDowell

Henri golden boy 22

Post by Don McDowell »

Anybody have one of those?
How well will it shoot?
Is it practical to mount target sights on it?
Thanks for your replies.
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Henri golden boy 22

Post by 41 Redhawk »

Don't have one Don but I have been seeing more of them at SB Levergun silhouette matches. They seem for do ok. Most folks mount Marbles tang sights on them.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I have one and like it, don`t shoot it much but it is dern accurate. Kinda heavy for what it is, the golden one has better sights than the standard version.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Thanks guys, the local slobber shop has a handful of them on the rack with "sale" prices on them, and I happen to have an extra rifle from the friends of the NRA banguet last year that has never been fired.... :)
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

My daughter's H001 with peep sight added (Williams FP-GR) is inexpensive, smooth and very accurate
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Don look out them Henrys can grow on ya, the wife bought me a pair of them 22mag & 357
the 22mag is picky & likes the more costly brands, the 357 is a champ, it shoots!
the wife bought mine at Torrington

ollogger
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Bulldog , thank you. I was wondering if there was a clamp on peep sight for that.

Brad, JJ and Joanies shop is not a good place to go if ya got an inch to buy a new shootin iron. :lol:
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Don McDowell wrote:Bulldog , thank you. I was wondering if there was a clamp on peep sight for that.

Brad, JJ and Joanies shop is not a good place to go if ya got an inch to buy a new shootin iron. :lol:
SKINNER SIGHTS...see attached link... :)
http://www.skinnersights.com/rimfire_gr ... ts_25.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

I don't have a Golden Boy yet, But I do have a Henry Large loop lever carbine in .22lr. Over the last year it has become my favorite firearm to shoot. I fire it and my USFA 12-22 almost every day and have yet to miss a squirrell at under 40 yds(with the carbine of course) even with my old eyes. God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, "clamp-on" peep sights need typical rimfire scope mount groves atop the receiver to grasp - which the Henry Golden Boy's do not have..............

Only the Standard & Frontier rifles (blue/black receiver covers) have the rimfire grooving.

Of course, ANY Henry can benefit from a WIlliams WM-96 Peep (slightly altered ;) ).