For Old No.7

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

For Old No.7

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old picture - sorry if I posted it before!

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: For Old No.7

Post by Old No7 »

I like it!!! Thanks Jay!!!

We had my son and a friend over last night, so we lined up all 3 of the "7s" that I had on hand, and had ourselves a sippin' fest (and a few shots too! :wink: ) with the Black Jack, Single Barrel and Gentleman Jack.

Will have a get a bottle of Green Label over in NH some time too (as I tried the Honey, but didn't like that one at all... :shock: )

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Pretty cool kid, but what's the white note for? God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Green label????? I can get Single Barrel, Gentleman Jack even the weird Honey but I've never seen Green Label.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

game keeper wrote:Green label????? I can get Single Barrel, Gentleman Jack even the weird Honey but I've never seen Green Label.
Yes, John, Green Label Jack --it's good stuff! :wink: *

If I recall correctly, it's a little less proof and doesn't have the "bite" that the black has, and I've only ever seen it sold in New Hampshire. That was my wife's favorite No.7 for sipping, before they came out with the oh so smooooooooooth (twice-filtered) Gentleman Jack.

Old No7

* If I ever make it back across the pond, I'll try to remember to bring you a 5th, as I do plan to get down towards Bristol some day...
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hope you make it back over the pond Darryl, let me know if visit Bristol, I'm not too far from there.. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old No7 wrote:Will have a get a bottle of Green Label over in NH some time too (as I tried the Honey, but didn't like that one at all... :shock: )
What's the deal with the Green Label kind - is it supposed to be better or what...??? I just saw a bottle in the store for the first time a couple months ago, but didn't buy it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

AJMD429 wrote:What's the deal with the Green Label kind - is it supposed to be better or what...??? I just saw a bottle in the store for the first time a couple months ago, but didn't buy it.
Well, here's the official word on Green Label from the Jack Daniel's Distillery website:

"Jack Daniel's Green Label is a lighter, less mature whiskey with a lighter color and character. The barrels selected for Green Label tend to be on the lower floors and more toward the center of the warehouse where the whiskey matures more slowly."

A little "Less bite" like I said...

Enjoy! (I sure do!) :wink:

Old No7
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rodeo kid wrote:Pretty cool kid, but what's the white note for? God Bless.
It was a price tag. Saw this at a store called "Black Lion". Really more like a high-end flea market where individuals set up booths indoors.