OT: My gun safe

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

OT: My gun safe

Post by MikeS. »

Back in '92 when I had come into a small inheritance I bought several guns and a large safe. A really large safe. I almost always had problems getting the dial combo to work the 1st time out. Sometimes it would literally take 30 tries to get it to unlock.

So earlier this week after a 30 try session I called a locksmith and asked for help. He said he could put in a digital replacement keypad. Sweet! He came out a few minutes ago and boy is that nice.

Now I can get to the stash when I want to, not when it wants to let me.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I have the digital that came on my Fort Knox many years ago. It's very nice but is set to bleep at each key press for feedback ... which is fine I suppose.

Mine takes two 9-volt batteries and I try to replace them once every 18 months or so. I'm not sure but I think there are two batteries just in case one goes bad.

The only problem I run into is that when I have the lock wheel spun all of the way clockwise after closing, the lock isn't able to unlatch due to tension in the mechanism ... I hear it click but it fails to unlock. If I simply move the handle (mine is a wheel with handles) counter-clockwise just a smidge, the lock works fine and unlatches every time. I try to remember not to slam the wheel shut when I close the bolts on the safe for that reason.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds good! :D