EAA Windicator vs. Taurus vs. Charter Arms

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

EAA Windicator vs. Taurus vs. Charter Arms

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Thinkin of picking up an inexpensive snub in either .32 H&R or .38/.357. I've read plenty of bad (i.e. possible internet drivel) on Taurus and the current Charter Arms so I know I may be taking a flyer quality wise but it's the direction I'm leaning. Now I'm kinda tossing the Windicator into the mix. My experience with my EAA Witness was definitely positive but dang the Windicators are so cheap (albeit heavy for a 2" barrel, does carry 6 though) that I need more info than a sales pitch. Quality info (I know you guys are good for it :D) on each of the subs would be greatly appreciated.

On another note there is the .44sp CA Bulldogs. I don't need a .44, don't know if I really want a .44 and definitely don't want/need another cartridge to reload for but they have a definite draw for some unknown reason. If you really really think I need or should want one throw your best pitch in.

Thanks for the help, LK

BTW, gun is for 90% riding in the truck with the remaining a mix of kit gun and CC.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: EAA Windicator vs. Taurus vs. Charter Arms

Post by Streetstar »

Between those three, i'd rather take a chance on a .44 Charter ! The Quinn brothers have a lot of good things to say about them over on Gunblast ---- IF its a gun for carrying a lot and shootin' a little, --- 2 or 3 boxes of commercial ammo may last you a few years before you have to even worry about reloading for it -- but then again, a set of LEe or RCBS dies probably would only cost about $30-35 bucks

I had a Taurus .44 snub -- it wasn't a bad gun at all but it did need a little bit of work
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: EAA Windicator vs. Taurus vs. Charter Arms

Post by Blaine »

Hunt around for a gently used AirWeight. There's no disputing the Smiths 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV