my first pic on leverguns...here goes nothing...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

my first pic on leverguns...here goes nothing...

Post by DixieBoy »

I've been at this for a couple days, and as a very low tech guy with a computer possessed by satan, it has been wearying. But I think I just might have it now. We'll see ... Well, okay. It's a start. But I have to tell you guys. I don't have a clue what I'm doing. A little more help (as if you're talking to a caveman, 'cause you pretty much are with me) will be apperciated. - DixieBoy

P.S. I used the method earlmck talked about in the 2nd how-to sticky at the top of the General Discussion page. Photobucket has been giving me fits. Don't know how much of the problems I've had are my computer and how much are due to my own ignorance. I'm dying for some dirt simple walk throughs. And I mean dirt simple. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DixieBoy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
rabbit hunter
Levergunner

Re: my first pic on leverguns...here goes nothing...

Post by rabbit hunter »

Well, ya done good. The holster & pistol rug are just like mine. Probably the gun too, but I don't have black grips.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Very cool....love the dark grips...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Grips are Hogue Black Micarta. Don't know if they still offer them. I've done a bunch of stuff to this Blackhawk to turn it into a reasonably repectable shooter: Reamed the cylinder throats; cut an 11-degree forcing cone; firelapped the barrel (it had a serious constriction at the barrel threads); put a Wolff trigger spring in it to reduce the 89 pound trigger pull (but left the mainspring stock); and put a Super Blackhawk hammer in.

Funny thing about the Hogue grips. They fit terribly. They're oversize up against the rear of the gripframe, but darn if it doesn't make for very comfortable shooting with the slightly punchier stuff. So, even though they look like an amateur's fitting job, I love 'em.

Still hoping for some input on the whole photobucket deal and posting pics-for-dummies like me. This should be easy but it has not been and I don't know what all I've done wrong and what is the computer from hades's fault. Thanks. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Don't know how old Your computer is but if it has a card slot and You have a digital camera with external memory, it don;t get no easier.
Perry
P.S. now if You can just remember how You did that Huh. That Pic was excellent.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

looks like you done real good boy, fine looking sixgun and rig.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

If you guys knew how much cussing I did in getting things plugged in just to post a picture you'd all laugh out loud. - DixieBoy
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Only reason We would LOL is that it is Someone elses turn. LOL So do U remember how U did it ?
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Reguardless of the process you did real good and the rig looks GREAT.
It is not the critic who counts
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If you can upload TO photobucket, we can tutor you how to easily get them on here. If you have problems uploading them there, may need to ask for help from photobucket.

I think I tried one of their 'bulk uploader' softwares that didn't work, then found another or reloaded or something, and it finally did work well.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

I used something that earlmck posted in one of the "How To" threads at the top of the General Discussion Board. Paul (AmbraCol) posted the How To thread, and it contains two links. At the bottom of the second one earlmck wrote out information that worked for me.

I tried the photobucket method but it was not loading pictures consistently for me. Also, several times it tried to "lock me in" to the site, in other words, would not let my "Back" button get me the heck out of there. Again, I don't know if this is my whacked out computer, or .... who knows ?

I do know that earl's method, which is just basically bypassing photobucket, worked. - DixieBoy
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

DixieBoy wrote:A little more help (as if you're talking to a caveman, 'cause you pretty much are with me) will be apperciated.
Joe, that picture looks just fine, and the next one you put in will go lots faster. So it looks like you've got a picture-putting-in technique that works for you. What is it that you need more help on? Picture-taking part? Picture-processing part (cropping, sizing, brightening...)? Acquisition of new subjects for a photo?
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Good picture and post. If you're like me, you forget how you did something by the time it's done.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Irelander
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Irelander »

Nice looking revolver you have there. What caliber is she?
The time has come to stand for all we believe in.

Glock Certified Armorer
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

If you guys knew how much cussing I did in getting things plugged in just to post a picture you'd all laugh out loud. - DixieBoy
Nope - I sure wouldn't!!!! :lol: Well, maybe I would at that - but
only because I've used my share of salty language resulting from
the sometimes frustrating vagaries of technology!

I like those black micarta grips on a Blackhawk, too.
Mine couldn't handle full-house 41 Mgnum loads and
cracked. Before they did, they were very comfortable, though.
And they look great! 8)

-Stretch
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

M. M. Wright wrote:Good picture and post. If you're like me, you forget how you did something by the time it's done.
+1 :lol: me too.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.