Hear this, better enjoy life

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Hear this, better enjoy life

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,

Most of you guys that know me know one of my good friends(that guy that owns his own gun shop/the one I trust holdiing all my handguns etc.
DIED!(we were friends since High School,in various sports/rifle club/anglers club together etc.)and shot together on a team after that in many rifle shooting events.

Get this-----he just found out he had cancer(spread through his system)week before last(no one told me)they kept it quiet??? I just heard from my daughter today.I mean when ordering my 375H&H(2 weeks ago)he seemed fine?????????????
He didn't want no one to know and it killed him within 2 weeks of finding out.God when I was at his shop(he must have just found out)and didn't let on.

Please if you feel so inclined send up a prayer for him/family.
I am numb and it has not fully sank in yet??????????

He was 51 years old/always seemed healthy/rugged and was a major gun crank that loved Family/People/Guns/and absolutely God & Country!(he was a Marine)

God Bless you Rich, your the best!

So guys,-----------don't sweat the small stuff and live life like you stole it.

Since his wife also co-ran the business with him(if she wants to continue I will be helping her doing what I can(of course no charge and as long as possible)If she needs me :wink:
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Re: Hear this, better enjoy life

Post by alnitak »

I'm sorry for the sudden loss of your friend and life-long companion, Madman. My uncle (also a Marine) keeled over from a massive heart attack at age 50. To echo your thoughts, we expect to live to a grand old age but never know what is around the corner, so it pays to live life to the fullest each day. You and your friend are in my prayers.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers sent to you and his family.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Prayers sent for all.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up bro, sorry for your lose of a friend. :(
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Pitchy wrote:Prayers up bro, sorry for your lose of a friend. :(

very, very sorrt to here this....hang in there
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Prayer up.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Prayers up for you, your friend and his family.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Prayers for his wife; I have to help lots of 'surviving spouses' deal with the depression and stress following such things, and it isn't easy.

One other thing - although there are some things we can't predict or find early or stop even if we do find them, BUT. . . . .

Get yourselves (and your wife/husband/kids/parents/friends) to have a thorough and genuine annual checkup, and not one from a 'revolving door' hospital/insurance-employed doctor who just milks the insurance companies for whatever is 'covered', and finds excuses not to do anything 'not covered' (they are 'fun' to be patients of, because you never pay out-of-pocket for anything, and they do lots of 'stuff' that seems like they're smart and care alot, but some of their 'physicals' are more designed to get you in and out of the office quickly while sucking the most possible from your insurance, than to be the thorough physicals they'd want their own family to have done).

[/preachy-mode off]
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Very sorry to hear and prayers up Larry. You are on it for sure......don't sweat the small stuff and treasure all you can.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Prayers up for sure for the Family of Your Friend and Bless You for Your willingness to help.
Because We don't know when it is Our turn to check out it is imperative to get right with God "before" that happens. And I don't mean just say Ur prayers and say You are right with God. I mean have You accepted His Son as Your Lord and Saviour ?
My preachy mode off.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Sorry to hear this. Prayers for all.

Kevin
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I will pray for his family and you. Like pwl44m said are you ok?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Thanks a lot you guys! (means a lot) :wink:

I am just absolutely blown away(he did not mention his abrupt illness to me.)
From what I heard,only the Doctors and immediate family knew.
Looking at the dates when I saw him recently(maybe he didn't know then???)
Never think cancer can take someone (so fast) :shock:

Isn't it funny how little material things can mean when you get reminded (wake up call)what's really important.
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

Larry - It's so sad to hear of this. I will say a prayer for your friend and his family too.

You said something here that I think we all need to be reminded of, especially when times
are a little tough and it's easy to get "down."

"Live life like you stole it." That's a good thought to keep in mind, especially in light of how
quickly your friend left this world. I hope you're able to help the family out as much as you're able.

Hang in there friend. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Madman (didnt know your name was LArry) -- so sorry to hear about your loss , i know it is hitting his immediate family even harder too.

51 is too young , i just turned 41 myself and i thought to myself "How would i live if i knew i only had 10 more years ?"

We dont know , all we can do is do what Doc AJ suggested and try to stay on top of the checkups, and then live like you already do -- eat as clean as possible, avoid the obvious things, and get regular exercise -- outside of that, we put a lot of faith in genetics and modern medicine

Your good friend tagged out way too soon, but you stay strong, not only to help his family, but for everyone else who depends on you too
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( That really sucks... :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I lost a brother/friend under similar circumstances. My prayers are with you and his family.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

So very sorry to hear it brother. Hang in there.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Sorry to here that. I too, am still shocked be the loss of my younger sister just three weeks ago.
She died of cancer just five days after going in for a soar shoulder. She had been to work the day before that. She has been under doctors care all along and had no warning. She had been treated for breast cancer two years before and was told it was gone. We were close.

Owen
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up. Sorry for Your Loss....I went throught the same thing three years ago when I lost three of the Giants in My life in six weeks. God Bless.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Prayers for all. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Noone every knows. I recently found out that the man that shoes my horse, got killed when a limb fell out of a tree and hit him. He was shoeing a horse under the shade of a tree, when a limb just decided to fall.

I often wonder why, some people are taken away suddenly like that, when others survive countless close calls, etc. through life. It made me think, and wonder, why he's gone, and I, several years older am still here, I can't see where I have done anything in my life to deserve more years then him. I guess it must just be God's plan, and we don't understand it.
NRA Life Member, Patron
1894c

Post by 1894c »

RIHMFIRE wrote:
Pitchy wrote:Prayers up bro, sorry for your lose of a friend. :(

very, very sorry to here this....hang in there
i agree --prayers sent-- life is short...eternity isn't...get your spiritual house in order...blessings... :)