hunting licences....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

hunting licences....

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Just renewed my hunting and fishing licence....$84 :shock:
seems to up every year...2 bucks this time...
Resident Sportsman - 12 Month
Authorizes the holder to take game and freshwater fish and provides the deer, management area, archery season, muzzleloading season, crossbow season, turkey, and waterfowl permit privileges.
Saltwater is another $17....

Then we have to apply for quota permits to gain access to wildlife management area....
pretty much a lottery...

what do you guys have to do to hunt and fish?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: hunting licences....

Post by 6pt-sika »

If we hadn't started getting DCP's and hunting the orchard I could most likely get by with just some bonus deer tags as long as I hunted our property only which would be $18 for 6 does to go along with the 3 bucks and 3 does I was already entitled to by using our landowner tags . But since we use DCP's now and I've started dove hunting some a resident VA hunting license is $23 plus $23 for the big game tags and $18 for the bonus antlerless deer tags . I don't get a ML or archery permit anymore since I only use those in Maryland or behind my house but for the pair would be an additional $36 . So technically if I bought it all I would be outta pocket $90 to hunt anywhere in the state with archery , ML or gun and shoot 12 deer , a bear and 3 turkey for a resident .

When I go to Maryland I typically get a non res hunting license $130 and a non res ML stamp for $25 totalling $155 . That allows me to take 20 doe and 2 buck whitetails as well as 2 Sika Stags and 2 Sika Hinds .

Now those are last years prices so both may be a bit more now .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

For a California resident:

Hunting License..........$44.85
Fishing License............44.85
Deer Tag.....................29.98
2nd Deer Tag...............36.98
Bear Tag.....................43.46
Pig Tag.......................21.34
Upland Game Bird..........9.21
Duck Stamp................19.44

Drawing Application Fees:

Pronghorn Antelope......$8.13
(if drawn)...........$135.70
Elk.............................$8.13
(if drawn)...........$404.00
Bighorn Sheep.............$8.13
(if drawn)...........$381.25

Plus a host of added fees for Bobcats, salmon, steelhead, lobster, waterfowl refuge passes, second fishing rod stamp, and many other miscellaneous fees, laws, rules, and regulations. So much so that it is nearly impossible to comply with them all. :(

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

NYS Super Sportsman----$88 (about everything needed for hunting/fishing I do in this state)

As long as health is good enough to hunt/we still are able to have our guns/we have places to hunt---cost of license(no issue)

AM HAPPY :D

Another aprox $230 for (now) non-resident Pa Hunting/Fishing

AM HAPPY AGAIN :D

Prior----Cost for all my (non-resident NYS) stuff itself was almost $400 (even on own place)
Still(HAPPY) :D

When it comes to my Hunting/Fishing---------------Again, cost means squat! :lol:
Cause everything you get in return (even a little extra freebie)---(Mental Cleansing)!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

3 year outdoors card with small game licence - $80.06
Deer - $45.05
Spring Wild Turkey - $27.49
Fall Wild Turkey - $27.49
Fishing - Free for seniors :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I pretty sure in Florida those over 65 hunt and fish for free...
and just have to apply for quota permits which in most cases is free to everyone
as long as you have the management stamp.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I have several lifetime licenses for various states. At one time none of them were over $500. Now they are round $1000. If you keep adding up $80 something and you go there even once per year the lifetime license starts to make sense. In 10 years or so it is paid for, but you beat any future increase in cost and there is no hassle in getting the license, a credit card type license is permanent and the tags come in the mail every summer.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

At age 65 in South Carolina you can apply for a free lifetime hunting/fishing/game management license.There's a one time processing fee of $9.After that all you do is order use-anytime doe tags(up to four per season for $5 each) if desired and free turkey tags.There are designated doe days if you do not wish to order the use-anytime ones.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I obtained a (free) permanant Combination Hunting/Fishing license when I turned 65 (now $33/yr), but Deer tags (up to 8 @ $12.50 ea), Ringneck Pheasant (state-stocked) stamps @ $15.50/book-8 (?)(CRS), and a Turkey tag @ $7.50 are all extra & must be paid for each year.

In order to qualify for a License here, a person must submit one of the following: A previously issued Hunting License, Hunter Safety Course card from any state, Active Military ID, DD-214 Honorable discharge papers from the military - AND a copy of a Current Driver’s License.

No saltwater fishing license required here [edit: OOOPS ! ! I've been kindly reminded that (while I was snoozin') a saltwater fishing license requirement (still free for over 65) was just passed here - THANKS, TOM !], nor is one req'd for casual shellfishing (aka: clamming/quahoggin' - VERY popular locally).

Last edited by Pete44ru on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I just wait until it gets dark and then head the nearest corn field with my .22Mag and a Q-Beam.

:wink:

:lol:

Nah... A resident hunting license and a Wildlife Management Area permit usually serve my need. Tallies up to about $75.00 a year.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

I contemplated buying a lifetime sportman license for $1K 20 years ago. However, lifetime license holders then still had to stand in line each year for kill tags & to apply for doe permits and permits for special areas.

Not worth dropping a whole grand and then still having to go to the license dealer every year. For that price you should have gotten a longterm price reduction & a lot of convenience.

But, that's MI for you. First year we had plastic kill tags (which cost the state 1/2 a penny less than paper), they shattered in the freezing cold of November as guys drove home on the freeways. Many guys got tickets for possession of untagged deer .
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thanks for reminder. Got to get mine ASAP. Have to send away for doe tags.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Hunting = $19
Fishing = $19
Fur Harvester = $22.50
Habitat Stamp = $13.00
Total = $73.50

If I want to do trout or waterfowl I'll need a couple more stamps and my WT deer tag will be another $27. With all that in mind I don't care and will gladly pay what I do. Iowa has a law stating all proceeds from licenses go to wildlife management and truth be told I likely spend $500 - $1000 a year on gas for my outdoor pursuits and another hunk of change on supplies, gear, etc. The license fee is a drop in the bucket.

LK
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

$165.00 for the patron's license, includes Deer, Fishing, Migratory Bird, small game, etc.

Still need:

Fall Turkey
Bear and Spring 2013 Turkey.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I have been using my "old man" license since 2003. We can apply for it in the year we turn 65.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

68 bucks for the super combo fishing/hunting. It is the best $ I spend all year and the Texas Parks and Wildlife is a fine outfit.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Our are listed below. The best move I ever made was buying a lifetime license back when they were $300 before they went up to $805! My lifetime license covers basic hunting and fishing, I'd still need to buy trout stamp, bear stamp, and extra deer tags if I wanted them.

LIFETIME LICENSES

Resident lifetime hunting, trapping, and fishing licenses serve in lieu of the equivalent annual license. Combination Hunting, Trapping & Fishing. (Class AB-L)*
$805

Combination Hunting, Trapping & Fishing-Infant(Class AB-L-I)*
$402.50

Fishing (Class B-L)*
$552

Fishing-Infant (Class B-L-I)*
$276

Trout Fishing (Class O-L)**
$230

Trout Fishing-Infant (Class O-L-I)**
$115

Senoir Lifetime hunting & Fishing (Class XS)*** $25

RESIDENT LICENSES AND STAMPS

Fishing License (Class B)
$19

Sportsman Hunting/Fishing/Trapping (Class X) for ages 18 through 64
$35

Junior Sportsman Hunting/Fishing/Trapping (Class XJ) for ages 15 through 17
$16

Trout Fishing Stamp (Class O) Required of holders of Class B, AB-L, AB-L-I, B-L, B-L-I, F, LL, Q, X, or XJ
$10

Conservation Stamp- Required for all licensed anglers except holders of Class X, XJ, B-L, B-L-I, AB-L, and AB-L-I, licenses
$5

NONRESIDENT LICENSES AND STAMPS

Trout Fishing Stamp (Class OO) Required of holders of Class F, XXJ or LL
$16

Conservation/Law Enforcement Stamp (Class CS/LE) - Required for all licensed anglers
$13

Annual Fishing License (Class F)
$37

One-Day Fishing License (Class LL)
$3

National Forest Hunting/Trapping/Fishing (Class I) Required on National Forests in addition to Class F, QQ or LL
$2

Junior Sportsman Hunting/Fishing/Trapping (Class XXJ) for ages 15 through 17
$16
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

The "Super Combo" license in Texas is $68.
Resident fishing, fresh and salt, general hunting, and 5 tag endorsements (archery, freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing with a red drum tag, upland game bird, and migratory game bird).

They also offer lower fee combos for fewer endorsements and for seniors.

I like TPWD for most part, but hate the way the governor dips into those funds to fix the roads, to replace the roads funds he dipped into for education, etc. I don't think he dips into his hair care allocation. Welcome to Texas.