Guns and Motorcycles

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Guns and Motorcycles

Post by getitdone1 »

I suppose the law regarding guns carried on motorcycles is similar to that of guns carried in cars. That is, keep the gun and ammo separate and not easily accessed.

But, I see some of the members of this group have rifle scabbards on their bikes. I suppose you must keep these rifles unloaded while traveling down the road.

What are the laws regarding guns and motorcycles? Big differences in different states?

I can see where having a gun 'at the ready' on a motorcycle would be more important than when driving a car. That is, you're out in the open, more exposed to danger from others.

Riding through rough areas of cities on a bike would be a big NO-NO for me.

Don
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Guns and Motorcycles

Post by jeepnik »

I don't really ride street anymore. But, my bike is "street" legal, so on rare ocassions I will. I have a CCW, so that's not an issue, except, I really, really, really, wouldn't want to be carrying one if I went down. The road is bad enough, but a hunk of lumpy steel between you and the road... No thanks.

Out here, as far as long guns go, I have no idea. Think I'll ask at Calguns not that I ever plan on it.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Here a long arm has to be in a case designed for a long gun that zips or ties.
Handguns ya have to have a carry permit unless ya have a way to put it somewhere in a pistol case, and unloaded.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

About 20 or so years ago I was looking thru a copy of Easyrider and the "Mann" picture in there that month was of a guy riding a nice old Indian Chief which unto itself is no biggie (but I do like Indians).

But he had a 10 point whitetail buck tied up on the seat behind him as if it were a person almost and he had a leather it appearred saddle scabbard on the side with a lever action of some sort . I always thought that was the coolest picture/painting he ever did :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I suppose it would be outta the question to have dual mounted AR's on the front forks , with cable triggers on the handle bars :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !