New Mossberg 464 lever guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
flightsimmer
Levergunner 2.0

New Mossberg 464 lever guns

Post by flightsimmer »

This is a copy of an email letter that I sent to Mossberg Firearms today (service@mossberg.com), if you agree, send them an email letter of your own so they can determine how much interest there would be in new models of their model 464 lever action.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Mossberg working on a .38/357 Magnum and .44/44 Magnum model 464 lever action
rifle?

From my point of veiw, a dependable, straight grip synthetic stocked, rubber
butt pad lever rifle along the same lines as a model 92' Winchester with peep
sights and sling swivels, provisions for scope mounting with 18 or 20 inch round
barrel(no muzzle break or flash hider please) would be a great seller.

Marlin/Remington is making junk right now and Rossi's are hard to find in some
areas. Winchesters, when you can find one are priced way out of my range.

Thanks for listening.
10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
If possible, so much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Rom 12:18
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Mossberg 464 lever guns

Post by tman »

94 carbine in .338 Marlin might make the moths fly out of my wallet.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Mossberg 464 lever guns

Post by COSteve »

The 464 is set up for the longer length 30-30 class of calibers and it seems to me that they might suffer some of the same feeding sensitivities that the Win '94s do with the shorter pistol length, straight wall calibers. Remember, the '94 was developed because the '92's action wasn't long enough for the 30-30 class calibers.

That said, they could make some real money selling a Win '92 class levergun in the popular 357mag, 45colt, and 44mag calibers now. Heck, I'll bet that they could make some money selling them in 25-20, 38-40, and 44-40 too. I'd be tickled to death to buy a 'Made in America' Mossberg carbine or rifle in 45colt with the quality that my brand new 464 shows me.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are