Do You Think BigFoot Is Real?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Do You Think BigFoot Is Real?

Post by Blaine »

(Well, here goes my credibility :P )
I do. Heard him/her scream, and a rock rolled into my day camp. Daughter heard it, too. Sounded like what you'd imagine if you put a hot poker to Paul Bunyon's buttocks. I'm no expert, but there is nothing on four legs that makes that sound. FWIW, I've also seen UFOs/lights that could not be explained by the way they hovered and zoomed left and right, etc. No, I don't use drugs :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Do You Think BigFoot Is Real?

Post by kimwcook »

I KNEW this was coming after your post in NE Washington. Blaine, your credibility is already in question. :D

I'm a first line native descendant and have lived around the native thought process most my life. They believe in them and have for centuries so who am I to say they don't exist. I'll say I've never seen one or heard one while hunting or out and about the woods. But, that's not hard as I've never seen a cougar or bobcat in the wild either or came across their remains.

My question is, would you shoot one if you had the chance? Just to prove their existence. Then possibly chance the wrath of those who would say it's a humanoid and you just committed murder? Bring it. :D
Old Law Dawg
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Could be, 99 % are hoaxes IMO but may be something to it, i`ve seen alot of unexplanable things including myself :lol:
Some real some demons some Angels, we live in a crazy world :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I would not shoot if not attacked. The Martians said not to. 8) :twisted:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Blaine,
Have you ever heard a big tom cougar scream up close? It can be somewhat unnerving to say the least, especially when you have just seen it and know it is hunting deer within 50 yards of your improvised ground blind which reeks of doe-in-heat scent. :shock:

Wild animals and birds can make a wide range of sounds that most folks rarely hear, so when you first hear one of those sounds, it is unfamiliar and really gets your attention. :?: Got yours did it not?
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
InTheWoods
Levergunner 2.0

Post by InTheWoods »

Not much in the wild escapes trail cameras anymore. Same for helicopter game surveys. Times have changed and some of the mystery is gone.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

BlaineG wrote: No, I don't use drugs :lol:

Well, start.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pisgah wrote:
BlaineG wrote: No, I don't use drugs :lol:

Well, start.
:lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I know when I was a LEO in 1977 we had a fellow that lived about 3 miles from my house who called the S.O. and said one came up to his place. It flattened one side of his chicken coop before he came out and it ran off. It scared the guy enough that he went to the Western Auto store and bought a Winchester 94 in case it came back.
I also had a cousin that lived in Everglades City who would swear there was some of them living in the swamps behind his house. It got enough attention there that someone else got interested in it and carried enough evidence of something being there to the county commission so that they were willing to pay for further examination. I think the figure was something like $5,000 or so. The thought was if something was found, it would be good for tourism.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

I saw one the time I was abducted by space aliens. He was on the space ship with Elvis. I know they're real.
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edwardyoung »

Were you around on the Marlin Firearms website forum? There was a long-running thread about this.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

I'm getting concerned about the age of Bigfoot. How many years has he been around? And is he a he? What about Mrs. Bigfoot and the children?

And........where's the good close-up picture?

Don
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Well, IF Bigfoots exist, they sure don't live around here, although there have been UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS of them, for years.. Maybe they moved in with the polygamists over in the next county..? Would be hard to disprove.. :twisted:

I have spent enough time in these mountains, over the last several decades, that I don't believe the presence of such critters could have eluded me... I have seen black and grizzly bears, wolves, foxes and coyotes, badgers, bobcats, mountain lions and wolverines, and I know their tracks.

The horrible screaming noise Blaine described would have come from a cougar, in this neck of the woods.. It is the most unnerving sound you can imagine, if you've never heard it..

Rollling rocks are a common phenomenon in these parts for any number of reason, including squirrels, porcupines and racoons, not to mention deer and elk, and quiet earth tremors..

Those funny little darting "UFO" lights..? Yeah, I've seen them too. The last couple times were here in or near Cody, late at night.. Once was from the ridge along the crest of Rattlesnake Mountain. I have no clue as to their origin or purpose, but figure if I really need to know, it will all be explained some day..

Would I shoot a Bigfoot? Only if I or my stock were in immediate peril.. Not just to prove I saw one...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
grouse
Levergunner 1.0

Post by grouse »

I have always wanted to think there is some undiscoverd north american ape hiding in the remote parts of the west,but really with all the atv's and trail cams I'm about to give up hope.
Mossyoak1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mossyoak1957 »

If there is a Bigfoot I hope they never catch or kill one....some things should just be left alone.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I don't know that I believe in Bigfoot, but I'm not opposed to considering the existence.

It's a big wide world. All that we can see and what we think we know is not all that there is.

I'd not kill one just for seeing him.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

kimwcook wrote:I KNEW this was coming after your post in NE Washington. Blaine, your credibility is already in question. :D
kinda had a suspicion myself. :wink:
kimwcook wrote:would you shoot one if you had the chance?
with a good camera hopefully. other wise i would keep it to myself. :roll:
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

How come the dogs never run into one?

I just figured Blaine did this in memory of Jim. That was a loooong thread over there.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I spent 23 years cutting logs, out in some remote country in 4 states
never saw a hint of old Bigfoot, but one nite out side of Hill City S.D.
back in 1981, i heard a roar that shook the walls, i & my kid jumped
outa bed i grabed a gun
my son was 4 then & screaming for all he was worth, I got him calmed
down, but try as i could, he didnt belive that it was thunder & i didnt
either, it was raining that nite
well the next day on the radio i heard that over a dozen people
called the police about this roaring BigFoot outside there house
police had a track but lost it to the rain, was it BigFoot?
heck i dont know ---- But it got my full Attention :shock:
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

crs wrote:Blaine,
Have you ever heard a big tom cougar scream up close?
That was my thought as well. I heard one scream about 52 years ago and it still gives me the willys to remember it ....... at least, I think it was a Cougar ..... I didn't actually see it.

On the other hand, I've experienced enough things to suspect that not everything is explained, nor is everything as it appears to be. I do have my doubts about Bigfoot, but I wouldn't write it off either.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

Bigfoot real? Clearly you've never seen my second ex-wife! :lol: :lol:
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Old Ranger wrote:Bigfoot real? Clearly you've never seen my second ex-wife! :lol: :lol:
I thought of something similar, but the question was about Bigfoot, not Bigmouth.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

If I haven't seen it, it doesn't exist.
I've never seen a UFO.
WyoShooter
Levergunner

Post by WyoShooter »

765x53 wrote:If I haven't seen it, it doesn't exist.
I've never seen a UFO.

Have you ever seen God? ;)
"In the beginning of a change the Patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

WyoShooter wrote:
765x53 wrote:If I haven't seen it, it doesn't exist.
I've never seen a UFO.

Have you ever seen God? ;)
I've held his physical body in my hands. I've drank his actual living blood.
He lives in me and I in Him.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:wink: I've heard cougar, but not seen them. Several times. This was not a cougar. I've heard owls make some dang scary noise that was not Hoot Hoot, but this wasn't it, either. Hobie, Jim wasn't joking too much, either. :shock:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Bigfoot lore has long been a curiosity of mine. I don't really believe they exist, but I'm not writing it off. For an interesting perspective on the Bigfoot thing, read Frank Piretti's "Monster". Not one of his best books, but it's interesting enough, and gives a Christian perspective on the possibility of Bigfoot.

I know a guy that is from Oregon, and has spent a lot of time in the woods hunting. He is the youth pastor at a church in Roswell, NM where my dad is the youth pastor of another church. We were at a fellowship once, and I asked him about Bigfoot since the Pacific Northwest seems to be the "hotspot". He said he once came upon a nest or bed of some sort on the ground with the uneaten remains and feathers of an osprey in the nest, and there were huge human-like footprints all around the area. He said it could be an escaped ape, or something else, but he was of the opinion that there is something out there, whatever it may be.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

West Coast rain-forest country seems to be the habitat most people are looking at... Pacific NW.. Even central Idaho, and the Bob in Montana have produced reported sightings...

Maybe we could teach BF how to catch and eat wolves...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

BlaineG wrote: Do You Think BigFoot Is Real?
Nope.

And I live in the back woods right next to Mt St Helens where supposed bigfoot 'activity' is high. Spent my entire life in the woods around here, and from I-5 to the Cascade Crest. Weeks and sometimes months at a time. Many of my friends are back woods hunters too. No evidence at all from any of us.

I will admit about 35 years ago in HS a friend and I built some nice 'bigfoot' casts and strapped 'em to our boots and did a bit of walking now and again............ :shock: :mrgreen:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Couple years back my bro-in-law & I were back up in the hills about 15 miles from where I live exploring old back roads in an abandoned mining area on my ATV.

Way back up in there, we stopped to look at an old cattle camp where somebody'd dragged in an early 1960s small school bus body & converted it into sorta a sheep camp shelter, complete with two woodburning stoves & two bunkbeds. Spring nearby.
Back in the day, probably fairly cosy.
Cattle still in the area.

While we were on foot looking around, started to hear what sounded like somebody whacking the aspens with a baseball bat a little lower back in the direction we'd come from. Travelled up to fairly close to us over a ten minute period, and around us.
Couldn't see anybody or anything moving, but what we termed the "ghost knockers" seemed to be pretty active till we finally left.

Found out months later that's supposed to be a sign of bigfoot in the area.
Anybody else run into that?
Moderately spooky. :)
Denis
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Yes!!!!!! got up this morning and was sitting in my favorite chair and it just appeared out of no where. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

habeas corpus
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pitchy wrote:Yes!!!!!! got up this morning and was sitting in my favorite chair and it just appeared out of no where. :shock:

Bigfoot, Bro, not stinky foot :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

He was a Texas Ranger. Bigfoot Wallace.
http://www.texasescapes.com/TexasPerson ... allace.htm
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Quite the story, Piller. Thanks. Most people haven't a clue as to what tough means anymore.
Old Law Dawg
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If the hairy ape-like critter is real, I am not sure he would have wanted to tangle with William A. "Bigfoot" Wallace of the Texas Rangers. As far as the big hairy critter, I don't know, but I think the possibility exists. There is still a lot of territory that humans are rather scarce in, and a wild animal is usually pretty good at keeping hidden if it is to survive. Granted, there are some animals which use height to avoid predators, but have you looked at the pictures of what is supposed to be a bigfoot? That thing would disappear with just a little shadow.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Giant Pandas and Mountain Gorillas were Myths, too, until they found them :wink: And that dinosaur fish they pulled up in a net off Africa awhile back. Never say Never :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

They're real enough; just the North American cousin of the Yowie which, as evidenced by this road sign, are taken very seriously in Aust.

:wink:
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Just ran into him at the Newyears party. They moved to the city and joined the Occupy Wall Street protestors.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I have hunted, fished and hiked in the Trinity Alps, Marble Mountains and southern Oregon Cascades -- all prime Bigfoot country -- and never seen a trace. Considering how saturated the whole area has become with trail cams, if there isn't consistent and undeniable film soon, I would agree this boogey man should be laid to rest. That said, I have spoken with what I consider level-headed folks who swear they have seen it, heard it roar, had boulders rolled into their camps, etc., up around Crater Lake.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

I will Never forget the first time I heard a wounded jackrabbit scream in agony. I would never have believed THAT sound could have come fron thaT ANIMAL.

If bigfoot does exist it is probably just a retired member of the NBA.

The real question is do you believe that intelligent life exists anywhere in the universe?
Rifleman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rifleman »

One night I heard some screaming in the field maybe 150 yards away.
It sounded like a lady screaming but with no emotion or conviction. So I Googled bigfoot sounds and found a noise that sounded just like it. Then I Googled animal sounds of my area... it was a fox.

YouTube: Scream of the red fox

Sounds human enough, and the one I heard was a lot more vocal.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

C'mon man!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

that nba comment was pretty funny!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Rifleman wrote:One night I heard some screaming in the field maybe 150 yards away.
It sounded like a lady screaming but with no emotion or conviction. So I Googled bigfoot sounds and found a noise that sounded just like it. Then I Googled animal sounds of my area... it was a fox.

YouTube: Scream of the red fox

Sounds human enough, and the one I heard was a lot more vocal.
Maybe...but the scream I heard was long and drawn out....But, that fox was similar. Ditto on the wounded rabbit: just like a baby's sound when mad.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

"I'm a first line native descendant and have lived around the native thought process most my life."

Respectully, I don't know what a first line native descendant is, but I'm an American Indian. I've heard aborignial stories & legends all my life, too. I like hearing those stories.

But, respectfully, most of it is interesting but utter nonsense. My favorite story is the one about how we engaged the white man in epic battle, totally prevailed, rubbing him off the face of the earth.

BTW & FWIW, I've never heard a native Bigfoot story here in the mid-west.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I have never heard or seen one. But I have heard bobcats scream in the night and probably fox's - sounded just like that youtube. I've also heard fawns crying - sound like a baby crying. All are rather disoncerting to hear.

I think that the bigfoot sightings are probably 90% black bears. Bears can be rather skinny and long bodied and of course are known to stand up on their hind legs to get a better view of something.

Our brains are marvelous things but can be easily fooled and will naturally blow things out of proportion (probably as a survival instinct) so as to cause action or get your adrenaline going - ready for fight or flight. Darkness only magnifies this. Depriving one sense tends to increase perception from the others - in his case hearing. Ever noticed how things can sound a lot louder at night? Especaially when you've been startled?

Add to this the fact that many of us have been exposed to movies and such - like from my childhood, "the Legend of Boggy Creek" - which at age 12 (pre-special effects) was very frightening. If you've never seen it, it mainly used Hitchock-like tools - which made you fill in the blanks with your imagination. Watching the film today, I have to chuckle but regardless, that 12 year old viewing is embeded in my psyche.

Sasquatch might be out there but I would think that we'd at least have some scat samples with genetic material in them. Also, as mentioned - no game camera pics by now?

And no, I would not shoot a bigfoot unless it was coming at me... I would be in awe of if if I were to see one. I mean, a 8 or 9 foot tall bipedal ape? Wow.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

You bet they're real, I see them at Walmart all of the time.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Didn't TR write about an encounter in one of his books???