Oooops......... I did it again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Oooops......... I did it again

Post by Streetstar »

I remember writing just last night about my budget restrictions due to my new house project and how i wouldnt be adding anything new in 2012 most likely (the 2012 wish list thread)

Well, its not quite 2012 yet, is it? -- i was told by a little bird that my favorite local gun shop had a large shipment of police trade-ins, so i went armed with some cash and ready to sift through a pile of ugly "shooters" --
I picked out this 66-3 and had them swap the decrepit rubber stocks for a much better set from a 65 fixed sight they also had ---
The lock up and sear engagement is right on and some Mothers polish will have it looking pretty tomorrow --- cant wait to shoot it -- it has a few extra engraved numbers in random spots plus a rack number and will be an awesome "truck gun" and all around rough-housin' gun i hope

------ anyway ---- i have a soft spot for Colt products and this new arrival was also in the case, and decidedly not a police trade in -- i could not say no although i should have --- the extra bucks can be used elsewhere -- and even in my own gun collection, there are a few things i needed more than another fixed sight .357 . This one is a Lawman , which is a fixed sight version of the Trooper , and it was very pretty :lol: . The pic does not do it justice because of the glare from the camera flash against the black and white background --- its a beautiful firearm -- i will have to try to get better pics outside with no flash someday ---

I just told my man "I'll figure out the finances later, but i want both" :D :roll: - He was more than accomodating

A range report will be in order soon --- i'm not in the mood to thrash a pristine nickel plated Colt, but i plan to put copious quantities downrange with the Smith :D

----- Doug
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Oooops......... I did it again

Post by 20cows »

Oooo, shiny!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Say now that`s one hansom shooter Streetstar, grats. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

nice additions--all that means is that the bedrooms, master bath-room, walk-in-closet, living room, kitchen, man-cave, and garage will be 4-5 feet shorter than originally planned--but look at the savings you'll enjoy on your heat bill and your property tax (a smaller home means less taxes)--if you didn't buy the two handguns your heating and tax bill would have been way higher...and you're saving the planet too--smaller carbon footprint... :)
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Very nice! :mrgreen:
Congrats!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Its stories like this that make me really hate our handgun laws! That Colt is sweeeet!
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I especially like your model 66. I think that the 66 and the blue model 19 are among the best handling and shooting revolvers that S&W made. Nice Colt too!!
Last edited by damienph on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

really like that 66, that will serve you many years. well done.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

rjohns94 wrote:really like that 66, that will serve you many years. well done.

Thanks guys --- that was the intent with the '66. I got a little leery of my other "truck gun" (a detective special) when it locked up one day at the range -- i took the sideplate screws out and while i was wiggling it trying to get it loose, the trigger popped back into battery and it has been fine ever since -- i thought it best to leave well enough alone, put the screws back in and resolved to get it professionally cleaned soon ------ Most of the guy's around say that the Smith K-frame revolver is much easier to keep tuned up than a Colt.
Its not intended to be a "people defense" gun, but i just wanted something that i can count on if i am trying to dispatch a skunk or something without having to send it back to CT for re-work if something weird happens.

The lockwork on those Mark 3 Lawman and Trooper guns is completely different though and i have been told is pretty bulletproof (at the expense of a smooth D-A trigger) -- The value of these has not kept pace with things like the Pythons and Diamondbacks, but when i saw that pretty nickel finish with a price that was under 5 bills, i had to make room. I'll put a few rounds downrange with it to see how it shoots --- but i'd rather defer to a stainless gun for hard use

1894c wrote:nice additions--all that means is that the bedrooms, master bath-room, walk-in-closet, living room, kitchen, man-cave, and garage will be 4-5 feet shorter than originally planned--but look at the savings you'll enjoy on your heat bill and your property tax (a smaller home means less taxes)--if you didn't buy the two handguns your heating and tax bill would have been way higher...and you're saving the planet too--smaller carbon footprint... :)
I like the way you think ! Sadly, its already framed and bricked in, but there is still plenty of wiggle room for saving cash. I'm thinking, Whirpool instead of Viking for appliances, Laminate instead of granite for countertops, carpet instead of oak planks and ceramic tile instead of marble for bathrooms
-- Voila ! I just saved 50k ! (now if i can just get the wife on board with that program , i'd be set 8) )
----- Doug
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Twodot »

Nice!
There's something to be said for living near a big city gun shop, that's for sure. Nothing like that ever shows up aroud here that I know of.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

You've been a Baaaad boy ! ! . :mrgreen: . :mrgreen:

It's a good thing Christmas has come/gone............................... ;)