Prayers for Virginia Tech

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Prayers for Virginia Tech

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Gunman on the loose, police officer and at least one other down. This is awful
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Prayers for Virginia Tech

Post by Rube Burrows »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Gunman on the loose, police officer and at least one other down. This is awful

Again? WOW
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Gunman on the loose, police officer and at least one other down. This is awful
No way - it's a HOAX...! We all know that Virginia Tech has a LAW against 'guns on campus', so there's no way it really happened.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

Last I herd was that they figure the shooter killed himself, and not another student.
Terry
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Why always VT? I don't get it.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Why always VT? I don't get it.
Because they have a "rule" or regulation that you can't have a gun on campus. I.e. it is a "gun free" zone which means it is a "criminal free ride" zone.

Apparently the gunman wasn't a student after all. As I write this he still hasn't been identified. I'm betting he's a drug addled crook who slipped off the deep end seeing the cop at the traffic stop.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Hobie wrote:
O.S.O.K. wrote:Why always VT? I don't get it.
Because they have a "rule" or regulation that you can't have a gun on campus. I.e. it is a "gun free" zone which means it is a "criminal free ride" zone.

Apparently the gunman wasn't a student after all. As I write this he still hasn't been identified. I'm betting he's a drug addled crook who slipped off the deep end seeing the cop at the traffic stop.

Hobie....you mean someone would bring a gun into a gun free zone?

Its a shame but gun free zones just means easy pickings with no resistance to the bad guys.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:evil: Unless I suspect a metal detector, there are no gun free zones as far as I'm concerned.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

BlaineG wrote::evil: Unless I suspect a metal detector, there are no gun free zones as far as I'm concerned.
Efffing right Blaine!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote::evil: Unless I suspect a metal detector, there are no gun free zones as far as I'm concerned.
One of the things a person can do is carry around a Vice-Grip (...well, my bike tire keeps coming loose, and I have to keep tightening it... :wink: ) in their pocket as they go about their daily routine. If THAT doesn't trip any metal detectors, then later on, should they happen to have a small firearm in their pocket and go those same places, it should not trip anything, either. (If they plan on carrying a 1911, they might want to do the test-run with two Vice-Grips... :D )

I guess the armed student was from a nearby university, but not Virginia Tech, so the reason he had a gun was probably because the other school didn't have a "policy" against it... :roll: (Maybe he didn't read the policy against shooting other people :evil: ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Prayers up for the police officer who died and also for his family. How the world has changed! :(