Not accepting C&R

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Not accepting C&R

Post by ndcowboy »

Gun dealers are almost as bad as Washington bureaucrats.
I've been looking for an old Marlin 1893. I've found two I was interested in bidding on at Gunbroker. I emailed both sellers (who happened to have gun shops on the east coast) and both said they would NOT ship it to a person with a C&R FFL 03 license. It is 100 percent legal and the license is issued by the ATF.
It puts me in a bad mood when this kind of thing happens. There is no reason under the sun that a dealer should refuse to sell to a C&R. It is bad enough when politicians restrict gun sales, but when dealers do it... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Not accepting C&R

Post by Stan in SC »

I have had the same thing happen to me.FFL dealers look down on C&R licenses and also they are ignorant of what the C&R license allows so they just say no.I have had my C&R license for nine years and this year I will let it lapse since I no longer pursue military rifles.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Has only happened to me once, but I always ask before I bid or say "I'll take it", there are some truely ignorant people out there. :(
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I looked into a C&R years ago, but heard too many C&R owners having problems with regular FFL owners just making their own rules about who they would or wouldn't ship to. I just decided it would be another case of frustration I didn't need, so passed on getting one.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

My own boss man had that policy! I asked why as the ATF had issued the C&RFFL and I asked why he wouldn't accept the driver's license as an ID for transfers as that was legal from most states. I didn't exactly get a response but.... he now accepts transfers from individuals. I suspect that calling them on it and pointing out the potential loss of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in a polite way is going to be more effective than just getting mad.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

Mostly ignorance. An FFL is an FFL in most issues. If a seller doesn't understand the law or makes thier own rules, they don't need my business.
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

ndcowboy wrote:There is no reason under the sun that a dealer should refuse to sell to a C&R.
Of course there is no reason under the sun that the government should ever have been allowed to issue "licenses" for anyone to buy, sell, or own any firearm, so once we let the camel's nose under the tent, our fate was sealed. We can thank all those "reasonable" types who thought that the NFA and the GCA of 1968 were acceptable compromises. . . :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

Hobie wrote:My own boss man had that policy! I asked why as the ATF had issued the C&RFFL and I asked why he wouldn't accept the driver's license as an ID for transfers as that was legal from most states. I didn't exactly get a response but.... he now accepts transfers from individuals. I suspect that calling them on it and pointing out the potential loss of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in a polite way is going to be more effective than just getting mad.
I tried to do just that with a polite email and received no response.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Simply said they are ignorant morons who should not be in the business of selling firearms. Same can be said for those simpletons who refuse to ship to CA under any circumstances. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Mike I agree with you 100% and will NEVER support any dealer that will not accept shipments from me. They are ignorant, lazy and as big a problem as the politicians. I will cry no tears when those folks lose their own FFL's.

They are doing EXACTLY what the anti's hope for.
smokenrust
Levergunner 2.0

Post by smokenrust »

There is something about F.E.A.R. program that unwrittenly says that you could lose your FFL license if you do something wrong without even knowing what you did wrong. The batf will be knocking on your door if you sell to the cxyz state and that alone is scarey. Know of one ffl man that says 'do not by guns from NYcity, florida, illinois, texas, or california. Asked him why and all he said was 'trouble'. Why would he say that?
Illinois fellows as I understand have to have a gun card just to own a gun in the own house. That is way to far over the line, that means even the deer hunters have to posses a gun card to have a gun to go hunting. Is that correct?
Oh well, there probably come a day when you won't have any rights to own any type of gun or weapon...
But in the meantime I would say, buy all of them that you can and enjoy them :) Now if I can only get my fella to accept gunz from 5 places
(discloser) Not a gunsmith, just a tinkerer at heart, it gets me into trouble, When I take it apart...