OT - need solution for new drug house removal

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

OT - need solution for new drug house removal

Post by Tycer »

Our friend, a single mother of one young boy, lives in a nice four-plex in a nice neighborhood. She has a new neighbor in a tiny house on the back of the property, owned by the landlord. His daughter has moved in. She brings with her a mass of male "gangstas" at all hours. I witnessed what appeared to be a drug deal between two cars parked on the side street which faces the tiny house. Called the cops, but the deal was done and gone before they arrived. I did inform them of the new neighbor and what our friend said about the frequent flow of male visitors.

It's been about 30 minutes since then and I've run through a dozen or so scenarios to remove the threat to our friend. None of which fit the criteria of keeping myself safe, except the one where I ask the neighbors if I can set up flood lights on motion sensors in their yards.

Any suggestions?
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

Keep in contact with the police, document and photograph everything, contact the cities gang task force if they have one. Find out if other neighbors have the same concerns and if so bring them in on it. Contact the landlord too. Installing lights outside that stay on. Thats just a start.
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

If you tape it it can be used as evidence because a street is public property there is no expectation of privacy. By doing this be prepared to go to court to testify.
Break on through to the other side!!!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The lights will be taken out, and the thugs will start to harass your friend if they are on her property. Dealing drugs is a lot of money - and we've all seen what these animals will do to protect the flow of that kind of cash.

Single mother of one young boy? This is asking for trouble. If the police won't shut them down, and fast, then they need to move. I am not one for retreat, but there is such a thing as tacticle retreat, and with a young boy and a single mother, they can't be expected to do anything else. They need to consider what is best - and safest - for them. The boy will become a target for recruitment into this life - the fastest he is removed from that, the better... :evil:
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

I think you have a good point about them moving out of the area too, if the landlord wont break the lease threaten to bring him to court over the drug dealing and hostile environment.
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I suppose 7ozs of C4 and some det cord are out of the question? :?

Remember, as I read somewhere "Deep within every problem exists a solution involving high explosives..." :twisted:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I was thinking D-9 Cat.

I reported a dealer in town once a few years ago. Couple weeks later he got to go stay downtown for a bit, and life in general became much more complicated for him. Oh,...and he moved.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

You could go cheap and get a can of lighter fluid and a match.

All joking aside the others had excelent ideas. Get the local law involved and get the neighbors involved.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Get your friend a banjo, have her practice a lot on the porch, that oughta do it.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

First, I would arrange to talk to the property owner about the problem. Remeber to bring up the point that this kind of activity will affect property values, including his.

If this does not work, get the neighborhood involved. There should be enough volunteers to watch the area 24/7 and report all suspicious activity to the police.

If the police are unwilling or unable to keep pressure on the situation, call in the local media. This should be a "human interest" story for the local news.

If it appears that local ordinances regarding the safety or occupancy of the building are being violated, call in the fire department or local housing authority to investigate. This can be effective if the building is occupied by children.

Nieghborhood watch groups, with video cameras, can make the area less attractive to illegal activity.

Keep up the pressure and you will eventually prevail.

Jack
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I think that the ideas of going to the landlord and also putting up lights/cameras and such are really good ones. If that doesn't work, moving can always be a plan "B".

My plan wouldn't involve any C-4. More like #4, over 3½ drams.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I'm not advocating vigilantism but I know of someone who discouraged this behavior in their own neighborhood. There was a man who lived in a large town with a long industrial and working class background. What America was a couple generations ago. The scum of the earth moved in and the quality of life went downhill.

He knew that the police couldn't do much about it so he discouraged the dealers. I don't know how he remained uncaught but he would shoot the dealers with CB caps from a long barreled 22 bolt action rifle. It was silent and didn't kill any of them but put the serious hurt on them. He'd plug them in the shins, thighs, back, etc. After a short while they moved out. Again I am not sure how he didn't get in trouble but he didn't and the filth moved out.

I would not recommend this course of action but all of the other ideas seem to look good.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Try to keep a very low profile. No telling what those drug people are capable of, especially behind your back!
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Ysabel Kid wrote:The lights will be taken out, and the thugs will start to harass your friend if they are on her property. Dealing drugs is a lot of money - and we've all seen what these animals will do to protect the flow of that kind of cash.

Single mother of one young boy? This is asking for trouble. If the police won't shut them down, and fast, then they need to move. They need to consider what is best - and safest - for them. The boy will become a target for recruitment into this life - the fastest he is removed from that, the better... :evil:

+1,000. Sage advice. Can't add a thing to Ysabel's post.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Tell the landlord.

It's his responsibility to not kill property values in that neighborhood.

All the landlords I have ever known would not tolerate that kind of activity on their property, and would never hesitate to enter the premises under the auspices of rfepair/preventive maintenance.

Believe me, if they saw anything, there would be a SWAT team there within a week.

I had a friend who thought it would be neat-o to grow a couple pot plants in his bathroom. A month later, he was arrested at gunpoint at his front door.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

bigbore442001 wrote: he would shoot the dealers with CB caps from a long barreled 22 bolt action rifle. It was silent and didn't kill any of them but put the serious hurt on them.

:lol: That's funny! Sounds like my kind of guy. :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Easy---Plan #1---Get in on the action--- They will think you are their friend. First, buy yourself a couple of 8 balls of coke, take 'em home, and lace 'em up with some rat poison. (Put that on the back burner)

Then go and get yourself a fresh box of 9mm ammo, preferably some foreign junk as we don't want to hurt any American companies. Pull the heads and fill 'em up tight with Bullseye and pop the heads back on.

Wait 'till a slow night when everyone is in bed and go out and drop the laced up coke and the box of 9's near where a druggie will find 'em.

Plan #2.---We don't have these drug problems around here but if I did, I would most likely move as these pieces of &*%$ are the most vindictive animals on Earth and will kill you and destroy your property. It really all depends on how many of them are. If its just a few, go with plan #1 ---If you are outnumbered, hit the pike. This is the reason of "white flight" from the cities. Anyone here who lives within 50 miles of a major city knows what I am talking about.----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Just in the last couple of month we have had a similar problem in our neighborhood. I wrote down license plate numbers,adress and descriptions and contacted the sheriff deputy that lives in our neighborhood. I dont know if the problem is solved, but no one from that house hangs out on the street anymore.
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

If it's the landlords daughter that's living there, what makes anyone think he's willing to do anything about it?

You do anything to the house or occupants, prepare for retaliation and or a jail stay. Tough talk aside, is it worth it?

Just move away, but realize that this stuff is everywhere.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Ysabel Kid has the right idea. Move.

If you involve the landlord he/she is only going to tell the relative your complaining and the jig is up. You may as well confront them yourself. Your it.

If you can't get out of the lease, I suggest contacting the local law enforcement narcotics unit, if there is one. If not your local jurisdictional LE department. Let the friend use her place so they can do surveilance on the little house. Hopefully it wouldn't take long, if there's as much business going on as you've stated. Busted, problem solved.

LE should be able to get this done without pointing a finger at your friend. But I think anything short of moving or undercover work is looking to target your friend.
Old Law Dawg
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

JReed wrote:You could go cheap and get a can of lighter fluid and a match.
This was my first thought as well...

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

kimwcook wrote:Ysabel Kid has the right idea. Move.

If you involve the landlord he/she is only going to tell the relative your complaining and the jig is up. You may as well confront them yourself. Your it.

If you can't get out of the lease, I suggest contacting the local law enforcement narcotics unit, if there is one. If not your local jurisdictional LE department. Let the friend use her place so they can do surveilance on the little house. Hopefully it wouldn't take long, if there's as much business going on as you've stated. Busted, problem solved.

LE should be able to get this done without pointing a finger at your friend. But I think anything short of moving or undercover work is looking to target your friend.
I couldn't agree with you more. Dirtbags have way too much time on their hands, aren't afraid of violence/jail, or have a conscience.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: OT - need solution for new drug house removal

Post by Griff »

Tycer wrote:...landlord. His daughter has moved in....
Any suggestions?
You may encounter some resistance from that quarter. Daddy's not going to want to hear trash about "his lil' princess". Film makes good airplay on local news. I don't like my suggestion, but... if police aren't seen as doing enough... some news hounds love running such.

Keep your friend out of the focus, film from other than her proprty. AND REMEMBER THESE LOWLIFE'S WILL KILL COPS OVER SUCH, YOU'RE BUT A SPEEDBUMP IN THEIR FASTLANE!

YK & Kimwcook are absolutely right. Movin' is the BEST option.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

It's only been two weeks since they moved in. I think it's soon enough to move them on. Her moving is a last resort. She works near her home and she has no car - she is rebuilding her life from a big fall.....
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I favor the camera route, with BIG motion activated lights, possibly with car alarms that trip when the lights go on. Misery loves company.

Where's Bronson when we need him. I don't know why people don't like vigilantes. I think one should be on the payroll of every decent neighborhood, put some lead into neighborhood watch.

Lots of 'authorities' are scared spitless of the druggies and go out of their way to avoid them.

I know someone who has a house in a NW city that is on the same block as a meth lab. The local LEOs have been inundated with phone calls, eye witness reports, film, photos and formal complaints. The lab has thrived for about seven years unmolested.

Much safer to tag motorists for speeding or tail light anomalies.

Where's Bronson when he's needed?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sixgun wrote:Easy---Plan #1---Get in on the action--- They will think you are their friend. First, buy yourself a couple of 8 balls of coke, take 'em home, and lace 'em up with some rat poison. (Put that on the back burner)

Then go and get yourself a fresh box of 9mm ammo, preferably some foreign junk as we don't want to hurt any American companies. Pull the heads and fill 'em up tight with Bullseye and pop the heads back on.

Wait 'till a slow night when everyone is in bed and go out and drop the laced up coke and the box of 9's near where a druggie will find 'em.

Plan #2.---We don't have these drug problems around here but if I did, I would most likely move as these pieces of &*%$ are the most vindictive animals on Earth and will kill you and destroy your property. It really all depends on how many of them are. If its just a few, go with plan #1 ---If you are outnumbered, hit the pike. This is the reason of "white flight" from the cities. Anyone here who lives within 50 miles of a major city knows what I am talking about.----------Sixgun
Let's cut out the Walter Mitty stuff and give some constructive consideration to the problem....

Tycer, there is only one reasonable course of action given that this young renter is located in enemy territory. She should immediately contact the police and inform them, formally, of her concerns. She should complain to the landlord each and every time she sees a "deal" going down or these gangbangers disturb her sleep. I'd recommend calling the landlord at 3:00 AM if the incident occurs at 3:00 AM and LOGGING it. A log that can't be accessed by accessing the apartment is preferable.

The landlord will do one of two things (after perhaps ignoring her for a while) and that is end the problem or evict her. Eviction might not be desirable but it seems to beat the other alternatives. After all if this wasn't a problem you would not be involved and we wouldn't be involved. Either way her condition would ultimately me improved.

I also realize that some folks will complain but not really want to do anything. If she doesn't or won't there's nothing you can do about this.

Some of you have made jests or "suggestions" that aren't legal and are downright dangerous for this young lady and her son. I suggest you refrain from such in the future. Regardless of your intent, such statements can be and likely will be misconstrued. I'm locking this topic but you might start another if you like. However, any more such comments will be summarily deleted.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson