PRICE CHECK - No 4 MK I*

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

PRICE CHECK - No 4 MK I*

Post by Hobie »

I saw this and about fell out of my chair... Have No. 4s really been getting such prices?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: PRICE CHECK - No 4 MK I*

Post by CowboyTutt »

Considering the lack of response and my own feelings on the matter I would say he is very high in price. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Where's the ad? Oh...got it.

He's smoking crack...

LB
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Sadly, on-line auctions have led to grossly inflated prices. And some folks think that they can ask whatever they want and get it. In additiion, this "inflation" on-line has led shops to follow suit. I've seen folks pay rediculous prices in one shop I visit. I won't, and have no problems either dickering or walking away. Most shops will haggle, but most Americans have lost that art, they simply pay sticker price.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I was shocked at $800 but a little research and I see sales at $500 mentioned and that's ridiculous enough. There's got to be a couple hundred thousand of those in country.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

I don't think it's worth that much. The Candadian Long Branch No. 4's usually command a slight premium depending upon condition, but that prices is way too high.

Now if it was a low serial numbered Long Branch No 4, Mk I, then it would command a much higher price. But I do not think that even a No 4 Mk I would go for that much. And then the price would depend upon if the rifle was till in OEM configuration with all the applicable parts with the Long Branch logo.

Then again, there are some Fools out there who do part with their money very easily.

For non Lee-Enfield enthusiasts, most No. 4 Mk I rifles made by Savage and Long Branch did not survive the war or were altered after the war. Plus, very few No. 4 Mk I rifles were made by Savage and Long Branch before the change was made to the No 4 Mk I* variant which shortened the fabrication process.

Besides the No. 4 T rifle -- sniper's variant -- the Fazakerly No. 4 Mk II still in the original preservative wrapping command a high price, especially the very rifles made before Fazakerly stopped production. For awhile, unwrapped Untitledo 4. Mk II were going for about US $500.00. The No 4 T depending upon condition and if it has the transit case, spotting scope, correctly numbered mounts and scope, etc., will go for US $3000.00 and up.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

A little high, price at J&G is lower:
http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/4508

Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Digger
Levergunner

Post by Digger »

I picked up the same rifle, a 1943 Longbranch No. 4 Mk.1*, about 6 months ago for $300. Its not unfired, but is in very good condition.
1988rrc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 1988rrc »

re-read, never mind.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Yep, they guy sounds like an idiot to me. Price is outrageous and then he claims it was UNFIRED yet the bolt serial # is not serialed to the gun. Sounds like an arsenal rebuild to me. Maybe he means it hasnt been fired since it was rebuilt! :P

I would be more inclinded to go with one like this http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =252366384

When it is a MILSURP rifle those battle scares are appealing to me, provided they dont affect the rifles accuracy or mechanics.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

My last two were 125.00 a piece but have noticed an up swing , have seen some of the more common ones at 325.00.Lithgow and Long branch go for more but that is a lot more.Recently saw a No5mk1 for 900.00+, they were/are about 425.00.Shocked me when I went back and it had sold,didn't think to ask what the final price was. :shock:
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

Re: PRICE CHECK - No 4 MK I* retail and gun shop prices !!!!!

Post by afish4570 »

Hobie wrote:I saw this and about fell out of my chair... Have No. 4s really been getting such prices?
Broused a few local shops and found the tag or asking prices are off the charts. When my friend decided to sell an old S&W revolver 6" in 97% the offer was so low I bought it off him for a $100 more and still got a good price. Once in a while you will stumble on the deal but you must be ready to buy and not dilly dally.afish4570 :shock: :shock:
afish4570