OT - checked something off my wish list

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

OT - checked something off my wish list

Post by Meeteetse »

I know this is the lever gun forum, but I had to let you know that I finally found a handgun that has been escaping me for a long time, A blue 4" S&W Model 29-2 from the late 1970's early 80's. Probably not special to some, but I have wanted one for many years and this is the first one that really fit what I was looking for.

This is the 4" version of Dirty Harry's gun and for some reason every time I have looked for one the price was too high or the gun was not worth the money. This time it was perfect. This gun has hardly been fired. One of those that the owner bought because of Dirty Harry, fired it a few times and said. . ."that's enough". . . put it in a drawer and never took it out again. I found it at a local gun show. The guy didn't really want to sell it. Said he was using it as a way to display the grips he made. Made him an offer he couldn't refuse and the gun came home with me. No bluing wear, no turn ring, no evidence it has been fired even though he said he had a few times. I think this DA revolver will make friends with my lever guns just as easily as my single actions did.

A while back I posted that I was looking for a new lever gun in 45 Colt and asked opinions about several that were out there. Well I guess that will have to wait a while until I refill the fund. Sorry I can't post a picture. Still working on that.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - checked something off my wish list

Post by Pitchy »

Congrats, always nice to get a gun you`ve wanted for a while. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Nice! Congrats, it's always nice to check off one of the elusive ones off the old list.
Now learn how to post pictures :mrgreen:
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

salvo wrote:Nice! Congrats, it's always nice to check off one of the elusive ones off the old list.
YES Sargent !! . . . . . . . . . :wink: . . . . . . .sorry, you sounded like my ole First Sgt.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Meeteetse wrote:
salvo wrote:Nice! Congrats, it's always nice to check off one of the elusive ones off the old list.
YES Sargent !! . . . . . . . . . :wink: . . . . . . .sorry, you sounded like my ole First Sgt.
In that case you shoulda said " YES TOP " What loads you plan on shooting in it? Always that the N Frames looked better with 4" and 5" barrels. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Meeteetse wrote:
:P
3leggedturtle wrote:Always that the N Frames looked better with 4" and 5" barrels. Todd
+1! :mrgreen:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Congrats. Just picked up a 29-3 w/6" bbl. Haven't had a chance to ring it out, but what little I've shot it, it shows promise. Although I'm going to have to get a lower rear sight blade. It's shooting way high.
Old Law Dawg
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

One of the Best.
Sexy looking and one of the best trigger pulls around.
Love my 6"
Congrats :D
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Congrats! PHOTOS PLEASE. :D

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Nice, love the short barrel 44's from Smith
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

3leggedturtle wrote:
Meeteetse wrote:
In that case you shoulda said " YES TOP " What loads you plan on shooting in it? Always that the N Frames looked better with 4" and 5" barrels. Todd
Nope, tried that once and it cost me 50 pushups and a lap around the parade field. The guy only answered to SGT. He lightened up a little when I out shot him with the M14 back in the day.

I've got a variety of loads to try in both 44 mag and special. I really like some of the loads I have that are sort of a light Keith load (240 SWC or cast with a wide flat nose) @ 1000fps. I don't like to hot-rod S&W's, especially 30 year old ones. I have a Redhawk and a SBH if I want to punish myself. I think this new gun will live on 950-1000fps type loads and I plan on trying a variety of bullets.