OT: Lost a great Kenpoist Monday July 11. 2011

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

OT: Lost a great Kenpoist Monday July 11. 2011

Post by LeverBob »

Close family informed me of Dan Horrigan's death Monday. This is real close to me after losing my sister-in-law a few days before: Dr. Shirley Jean Trumbauer in Estees Park, Colorado. Both my wife & I are devastated by her loss. She was the sister I really never had.

Dan:
To the world he was known as "Coconut Dan Horrigan", the first man to crush a coconut in his bare hands &. He was a dear friend & colleague.

A 10th degree Grand Master of Kenpo...one of the elite martial breaking artists in the world. Recognized by Shaolin Temple in China...a witness for Jesus Christ to them & teenagers across the western U.S., doing countless demostations of G-D's power in every christian & a witness to them all. The first to break Louisville slugger bats, A world Muay Tai heavyweight champion-undefeated.

He owned a landscaping business in Carson City, Nev. He died 20 ft. up in the afternoon trimming a tree in the heat, Monday afternoon July 11, of a massive heart attack at 58 yrs. of age. I do believe G-D has concluded that his work was done. I will miss him terribly.

I don't know what to say...I'm losing my dearest friends....

Don't any of you die...or I'll kill you... :(

LB
P.S. This, upon the loss of txpete is getting to be more than I can bear....
Last edited by LeverBob on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Lost a great Kenpoist Monday July 11. 2011

Post by JerryB »

Real sorry for your double loss. Just remember Psalm 116 verse 15, Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
Last edited by JerryB on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Unfortunately, most of the 'baby boomer' generation (especially the males) assumed that if they felt good, there was no need to do much preventative care unless the doctor recommended it, and about that time socialized medicine hit, and doctors started working for (and being paid by) the insurance companies instead of the actual patient. Certainly even some of those who take meticulous care of themselves and have doctors who take preventative care seriously still pass away (as do we all), and some of them even pass at unfortunately-young ages, but as you say, perhaps God felt it was time for their 'promotion'. Still, it saddens me to see how many of the 40-60 year olds out there are NOT doing anything but the bare-minimum "will my insurance pay for it" type health care, and likely take better care of their motorcycles than their own cardiovascular systems. People will balk at spending $300 a year on stuff that has a very good chance of enabling twenty more years of healthy life, yet they'll blow thousands of dollars beyond what is really necessary on a vehicle upgrade, hobby, or vacation.

Unfortunately, 'gun owners' and other outdoor-enthusiasts are among the worst about this - it seems the streak of 'rugged independence' that makes them what they are, also works against them. That's bad for our society, because we need to keep 'our' numbers up and healthy to counter all the tofu-and-sprouts crowd of trust-fund yuppies who just love big government, taxes, and gun control... :?

Many women know-better than to neglect themselves, and seem to have far less fear of doctors than men do, so if your wives/girlfriends/daughters/moms/sisters tell you you should get a thorough 'checkup' there's a reason for it. But don't go in and just say "everything's fine" and do the bare minimum (contrary to what most people think, with primary care, the 'bare minimum' is what makes the doctor the most money, so they won't generally push you beyond the bare minimum, insurance-covered, generics-only program). Women go in with a list of questions, issues, and goals, and perhaps that kind of self-care is one reason they live another decade longer than we do.

The smart guys not only get thorough annual physicals, but take their wives with them to 'rat' on them, ask questions, and take notes - plus serve as the 'policemen' at home to make sure they eat right, take their meds, and so on.

That's my advice - take it or leave it - it's your life...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Thanks much Jerry, I remember the scripture...it does console me, as do countless others...

Thanks much Doc...you're advice I have taken to heart.

LB
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences.
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It has been a season of loss....Three friends,and forumits and an Aunt in six months.....a rough year.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Very Sorry for Your Loss..Prayers Sent.these events certinly are Life changing. two years ago I lost three of the Giants in My Life in five weeks,including My Mom. Mom and My oldest Friends Father were well past 80 and I could deal with their passing. the day after Mom passed a Co-Worker of Mine was on the way to work and died from a blockage in an artery in His neck. Cal was 61,lean and mean.saw the doctor every year. the Finest Man I ever Knew.A Viet Nam Vet. He missed two days in 38 years. Always positive and trying to keep thing running smooth. some things We can't comprehend, I sure can't.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and his family. blessings.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Thanks much Pard's....I will especially remember all that have responded. I guess it's just another tough time...we've all had them without end it seems.

G-D bless you & yours....

LB
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

kimwcook wrote:Sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest condolences.
+ 1.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Sorry to hear this bro, we will be praying for you and yours. :(
Just barely hangin in there myself but we know we have to fight the good fight of faith.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

I'm so sorry for your loss, some Sister in Laws become the same as sisters after awhile. Also such a great loss to the Kenpo community, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and yours my friend.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

salvo wrote:I'm so sorry for your loss, some Sister in Laws become the same as sisters after awhile. Also such a great loss to the Kenpo community, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and yours my friend.
Many thanks Sensai Salvo, you know the meaning of the loss. Your words are a comfort to me.

Five Swords to you...

LB
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

rjohns94 wrote:sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and his family. blessings.
+1
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!