Hey, Wyoming guys,

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Hey, Wyoming guys,

Post by jnyork »

How much snow ya got? :shock:

Coming down pretty hard here in Lander, South Pass roadcam shows whiteout conditions, I-80 closed in places. Ahhhh, springtime in the Rockies. :wink:
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Hey, Wyoming guys,

Post by ollogger »

well the ground is white here, Big flakes falling down, had 2 in. of rain wed. with spooky looking clouds, nothing compared to down south though, i was looking for spring the last couple of months but i think it went around us
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

About 4" on the grass and 35 degrees. They were predicting a foot for Casper Mountain and 2' for the Bighorns. Pretty wet and plenty cold so I don't doubt it.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

No White in Torrington. Heck, didn't rain yesterday until after dark. Radar looked like Moses was standing West of Lingle parting the clouds...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Rained most of the night here sometimes pretty hard, about 7 this morning it started snowing and by 10 when I left to go to town there was a little over 4 inches of the pretty white slush, still have about 2 inches left, but the temp is up to 39 so it's back to drizzling.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Nothing much here, been cloudy, but hasn't done much, a few spits of rain. You guys down south get much worse weather than farther north for some reason.

Just looked out the window, its halfheartedly trying to rain. The mountains have gotten new snow the past few days, but nothing much off the mountains.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Yup about the only difference between the Bighorn basin and the Sahara, is the Sahara is closer to the ocean and the equator.. :mrgreen:
Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

Spring snow in Wyoming is one thing, but we got about 3" here in Arizona a couple of days ago. Course I live outside of Flagstaff at 7350 feet. The San Francisco Peaks a few miles from my front door are covered with a beautiful layer of snow; very picturesque. There were about a dozen elk outside my bedroom window the morning following the snow. One was a branch-antlered bull with about 8" of antler already showing. Rest were cows/yearlings. Pretty sight, but they sure do tear up my aspens.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Batman1939 wrote:Spring snow in Wyoming is one thing, but we got about 3" here in Arizona a couple of days ago. Course I live outside of Flagstaff at 7350 feet. The San Francisco Peaks a few miles from my front door are covered with a beautiful layer of snow; very picturesque. There were about a dozen elk outside my bedroom window the morning following the snow. One was a branch-antlered bull with about 8" of antler already showing. Rest were cows/yearlings. Pretty sight, but they sure do tear up my aspens.
Grrrrrrrrrrr :x ,,, Joey be jealous. Joey want's to go back to the San Francisco Peaks and get losted. Joey misses Arizona and .... :cry: , never mind.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
HillbillyGadget
Levergunner 1.0

Post by HillbillyGadget »

We didn't have snow on the 19th, but the Sat before it covered the grass here on the Bear Lodge.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

All y'all downslopers get ready for the flood water. Just about every range is 200+% of normal moisture level. The Platte is out of it's bank in a few places and Pathfinder and Seminole won't hold any more and the North Park mountains haven't even started to melt much yet. They drained down the reservoirs on the Wind/Bighorn to hopefully make room. We can handle it but downsteam it will be like we flushed the toilet. Hope it doesn't give the poor folks on the big rivers, that have already been through heck, even more trouble.