OT--The Wife Wins A Saddle!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT--The Wife Wins A Saddle!

Post by Sixgun »

This is big news around here as this is the first time in the wife's 55 years that she has won anything of value. :D I'm still waiting :(

She and her sister cruised on down to the Timonium, Maryland horse auction yesterday where horses bring big money from around the country. At the auction the country's economy reflected on the prices as most horses were "no saled". We're headed for tougher times boys--keep those guns loaded and pack in the MRE's.

Anyway, while there, she dropped her name in a barrel with about 3 million (?) other people and her name was drawn. Then it was the long walk up to the stage to accept the pize and then the attention and picture taking began---something my wife don't like----unlike me, she keeps a low profile. Italians all seem to prefer that profile--ask any Mafioso. :D

It's no Billy Cook, but its a very well made Double C Saddle made in Paraguay, South America and the price sure was right. :D --------------Sixgun

This is Teeny, one of our Yorkies. You can see how he is not happy with the attention going to something else while the picture taking was taking place. He's still a cool dog though :D
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT--The Wife Wins A Saddle!

Post by kimwcook »

How cool is that! Way cool. So you're going to be getting into the horse business, eh? :D
Old Law Dawg
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Congratulations to the better half! Way to go, Mrs. Sixgun.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

kimwcook wrote:How cool is that! Way cool. So you're going to be getting into the horse business, eh? :D

Law Dawg,
I hope not. My wife's been a horse person all her life. (I married the farmer's daughter--no jokes please :D )
To me, horses are nothing but drainers on the pocketbook, concerning our lifestyle. I can see them as a tool as Danny and others use 'em, but here, they just graze and call out to the horse shoe man and the vet. :D ------------------Sixgun
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Sixgun wrote:
kimwcook wrote:How cool is that! Way cool. So you're going to be getting into the horse business, eh? :D

Law Dawg,
I hope not. My wife's been a horse person all her life. (I married the farmer's daughter--no jokes please :D )
To me, horses are nothing but drainers on the pocketbook, concerning our lifestyle. I can see them as a tool as Danny and others use 'em, but here, they just graze and call out to the horse shoe man and the vet. :D ------------------Sixgun
I`m in the same boat with my wife :roll: nice saddle though ya should be able to trade it for something gun related. :wink: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Yeah, Sixgun, but when TEOTWAWKI hits you'll have transportation for you, your MRE's and whatever else you need to pack. Gas and diesel is going to be off the charts as long as it lasts before going bad. Then we'll need alternative transporation.
Old Law Dawg
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Pitchy wrote:
Sixgun wrote:

Law Dawg,
I`m in the same boat with my wife :roll: nice saddle though ya should be able to trade it for something gun related. :wink: :lol:
But congrats to the wife for winning the saddle and heck ya might as well go buy a horse now so ya can make the wife happy and head for the hills if need be. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JHarold »

The look on teeney's face is priceless.

congratulations to your wife.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

kimwcook wrote:Yeah, Sixgun, but when TEOTWAWKI hits you'll have transportation for you, your MRE's and whatever else you need to pack. Gas and diesel is going to be off the charts as long as it lasts before going bad. Then we'll need alternative transporation.
+1

A pair is even better... with a team you can pack more stuff!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Griff wrote:
kimwcook wrote:Yeah, Sixgun, but when TEOTWAWKI hits you'll have transportation for you, your MRE's and whatever else you need to pack. Gas and diesel is going to be off the charts as long as it lasts before going bad. Then we'll need alternative transporation.
+1

A pair is even better... with a team you can pack more stuff!
Yep. My thought is a horse to ride and a packhorse for each member of the expedition.
Old Law Dawg
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Still waiting to win anything big. But glad someone is - congrats! :D
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Good Deal ! My wife has a saddle addiction like I have a lever addiction. She is like me and likes the older stuff.

Here is some of her saddles as a backdrop to the important stuff.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ben,

THATS quite a picture! I like that! Your wife and you are an exact mirror to my wife and me. She has all these saddles, tack, horses, etc and I got the guns. Its great! We both leave each other alone in our quests because neither one wants to lose :wink: The bills are paid so lets play! :D ----------Sixgun

But............I always remind her that her hobby is cash consumming as its a little hard getting your money back on that huge pile of horse &@*t out back.------------------Sixgun
Topside
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Topside »

Six I won a butter dish once so I'll have to go some to catch your Mrs. NICE SADDLE!
T.
"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."
--Proverbs 12:10
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I do enjoy when the farrier comes because he usually brings some kind of gun and we do some shooting after he is done trimming the pasture maggots, I mean horses.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sell that saddle quick before she thinks she needs a horse to go under it!!!!!!!!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/