OT 1885 winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

OT 1885 winchester

Post by ollogger »

seen one today new in box its in 38-55, its the short hunter
has a tang sight, oct bbl & i liked it, one problem i know nothing bout the gun, he said bout 750.00 would buy it,my gun book doesnt have the 38-55, i checked GB they had a buy it now for 950.00 on one
any help would sure be welcome

ollogger-----thanks
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT 1885 winchester

Post by buckeyeshooter »

check CDNN online. they have them for $899. there is a photo in the ad. they are discontinued and new old stock. your dealer gave you a good price.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

It's a Davidson's special. They made a hunter series with 22' barrel in 38-55, 45-70 and maybe even 405. My firend bought the 38-55 this last Chrismas and it is a dandy rifle. MSRP on the rifle was around $1200 and Davidsons were closing them out for around $750 .
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

They are nice rifles. I have owned two. Sounds like you found a pretty good deal. 1886.
Hook

Post by Hook »

ollogger, that is an excellent price. If it tickles your fancy, buy it. You won't regret it.

I actually got a new one just like it for less money. But.....there was no box and the tang sight had been removed. Your deal tops mine by a bunch.

One of my favorite dealers had bought scores of Winchester/Browning long guns and was selling them for very nice prices. I don't know the history behind them, but they were new and still had the long barrel stickers on them. My 38-55 was one of the few remaining guns and he cut me a very nice deal on it. I actually pointed one of the forum members to him that was looking for a new Winchester M92 takedown and he got a good price on it.

Mine shoots really well with Hornady 220 gr FPs and I am getting some promising results with the cast loads I'm now trying in it.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

thanks guys i like getting a big bang for my buck,but i wasnt real sure on this one. have to take a trip to wis in a month otherwise id buy it now

ollogger