OT - Spring at last

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

OT - Spring at last

Post by perry owens »

After the coldest winter in 100 years finally the daffodils are out, the village pond is coming to life and,
best of all, the track up to our range has dried out enough to be just passable in 4WD
Earlier this week I loaded 1500 rounds of .45/.357/12g - all black powder of course, ready for the new CAS season
here.
Today I made a start on the new season's targets. Got the first bobber finished.
Hardly a work of art but at least we can change out any damaged parts and be back in operation in minutes.
Now all I need is for my new Uberti Burgess to be delivered and I'm all set.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Spring at last

Post by mod71alaska »

That is a beautiful photo, Perry! Is that your home? I've always wanted to visit the English country side in the spring. Maybe some day!

A friend tells me the daffodils are 6 inches high back home in Maine. Yes, spring is in the air and I can't wait to get back home!

Victor
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Our Daffodils are done. Azaleas are blooming, soon to be followed by the Rhododendrons. Today the temps will reach 80º.

Perry, England is lovely this time of year. The last time we visited was 5 yrs ago, at which time we spent Christmas and New Years in London.
We went to Westminster Abbey for Christmas Eve and it was fantabulous. It was VERY cold, especially the morning of the New Year parade. I
especially like the small "villages", but they are more like compact cities to me. Ancient and modern all mixed together in some areas. Beautiful
photo you provided, and a very nice manor in the background. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

mod71alaska wrote:That is a beautiful photo, Perry! Is that your home? I've always wanted to visit the English country side in the spring. Maybe some day!
Victor
Unfortunately no, that's the 16th Century Coulsdon Farm and barn. Last time it was sold it fetched £720000. My more modest house is about 100yds behind it.
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Cool 8) spinners are fun to make and neat to shoot too, made a couple of late that work good.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Nice photo and work PO :)

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice photo, makes a change from what it was like around Christmas time.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Everything is getting pretty green around here as well. The Bradford pear trees have already gone green, and I've had to cut the lawn 5 times now. Bit of a cold and wet week this week, but we needed the rain.

Looking forward to range reports! :D
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Howdy Perry!

Your photo shows how stuningly beautiful England can be. 16th Century home? It looks like Eden! Very serene & peaceful.

In Nevada it doesn't change much, the same things get a cover of snow, but remain. The desert blooms for a few short weeks in the spring & then returns to the usual green sage, mountain oak, mahogany & bitterbrush. Like most places activity increases. The jackrabbits scurry about...same with the Quail, Doves, etc. In the fall it all turns brown from the heat. I love it. The wild horses move up to the high country feeding on cheatgrass & so we will lose them later on in the late spring. My horses (2 mustangs) love to talk to them! :roll:

We have a herd of 18 wild mustangs feeding on the wild clover on the front of my little ranch...thrilling to see up close!!! Especially when they are all crowded in a space 20' x 270' (my driveway in front of the house). Some of the clover is right below my front window...wild horses feeding right up to it. :( I'd love to put a rope on a few of them...

Still, I know horses...they are such knot headed nags..

It is wild & has a different beauty than your country...I am blessed & so are you.

We have a clear night tonight...Orion is in the west & the big dipper is in the northeast sky...I write this at 10:40 pst. I won't see Pliades until the fall.

Blessings to you & yours...

LB