OT:Truths For Mature Humans

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

OT:Truths For Mature Humans

Post by Beaker »

Truths For Mature Humans

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. Was learning cursive really necessary?

6. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

7. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

8. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

9. Bad decisions make good stories.

10. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

11. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

12. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

13. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

14. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

15. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

16. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

17. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

18. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

19. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

20. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

21. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket and finding their cell phone - but I'd bet my *** everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT:Truths For Mature Humans

Post by iceman »

You hardly even notice that pain in your knee anymore.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

:D Truths is right :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

:D
Old Law Dawg
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

How true! :lol:
NRA Life Member
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

If I only knew HOW to text on my cell phone...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Post by redlevel42 »

The only things I know how to do with my cell phone are calling, answering calls, and taking pictures of the inside of my pocket.
Georgia On My Mind
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

redlevel42 wrote:The only things I know how to do with my cell phone are....taking pictures of the inside of my pocket.
That's great. And I thought I was the only one that did it.
wavetrain75
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wavetrain75 »

redlevel42 wrote:The only things I know how to do with my cell phone are calling, answering calls, and taking pictures of the inside of my pocket.
Pics or it didn't happen.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

My nature makes we want to argue some of those, but generally...

Boy, ain't that the truth.

:wink: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mouthpiece
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mouthpiece »

"14. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it."

Never knew there was a romantic component in "Shane" with Alan Ladd until I was an adult.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I don't text. My phone will text, along with web-surfing, email, GPS, and a bazillion other things (200,000 android apps and counting) but I will not text. It's a PHONE. Ya wanna get a message to me make a PHONE CALL. If I don't answer, leave a message with yer voice. None of this "BRB, BFF, k?"

And the one about texting while driving, Darwin is lickin his chops (because when red lights ain't long enough, ya know what's next).

I'm passing on Blue Ray. I passed on Beta Max too, and 8 track. I don't miss em. What's coming is straight download, no physical medium. They call it the cloud or some such rot. We already have it with Netflix, and that's gonna dominate. Ya download a movie, ya got a few days to watch it, then it goes poof". Beats heck out of scratched rental DVDs and having "good" movies always rented out when ya GO THERE and look, and have to BRING EM BACK after.
What I WILL miss is surveying the boxes in the store, trying to find something to watch when the movie I wanted is not available.....
Last edited by adirondakjack on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Certified gun nut
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."

That's true, but I am glad that I only very seldom make that experience! :mrgreen:

Old Sh.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

And its really bad because, I knew half/way through reading that , I was just gonna heat up a can of chili. :o
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

redlevel42 wrote:The only things I know how to do with my cell phone are calling, answering calls, and taking pictures of the inside of my pocket.
Boy howdy, ... I can definitely relate to that remark!
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.