Fixed my sight problem

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Fixed my sight problem

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Awhile back I placed a Ghost Ring sight on my 94 30-30 Trapper and I love the sights but the sight picture was not exactly as I wanted it. At 50 yards I would shoot about right on but I like a 6:00 hold so I can see the spot I want to hit. It's just the way I was taught by my Dad when I was knee high to a Groundhog.
Anyway, if I turned the peep just a half turn up it was to high and a half turn low was to low on a 3/4" white circle. Got out my file and took a few thousands off the top of the front sight and tried it. At 50 yards I was holding so that the white dot looked like it was resting on top of the front sight and I was hitting about 1/4 to 1/2" higher than the top of the white circle or dot. So I screwed the peep down 1/2 turn and BINGO". Now I can hold at 6:00 on the spot at 50 yards or 12 yards and I hit dead center in the 3/4" circle.It was cold out here this morning but the sun is shinning bright and the air is super still. Perfect bench shooting weather off my shop porch. This was using Federal 170 gr. Power-Shok soft point RN.
Life is good as it should be Grasshopper" :lol: Mike
If I can't shoot or pee off my own back porch when I want to then I'm not free and I won't live there. Thank you God for my freedom!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Now, all's ya need, is one a 'dem mounain deer ta stay put fer ya at 50 yards ! :mrgreen:
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:D
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Pete44ru wrote:Now, all's ya need, is one a 'dem mounain deer ta stay put fer ya at 50 yards ! :mrgreen:
Pete, Down here a couple sticks of Dynamite works great fer fishen, no reason it won't work fer a runnen Deer! :wink: Mike
If I can't shoot or pee off my own back porch when I want to then I'm not free and I won't live there. Thank you God for my freedom!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

:mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

A half a stick of 60% is all you need.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Rusty wrote:A half a stick of 60% is all you need.

Rusty <><
Rusty, Our West Virginia Deer get so big that a half stick would not even slow one down . These deer are corn fed Hill-billy Deer. :lol: Mike
drdon
Levergunner

Hillbilly Deer

Post by drdon »

Thats a good one, hillbilly deer and corn fed to,,
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by six..