I think ive been ripped off

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lloyd Smale
Levergunner

I think ive been ripped off

Post by Lloyd Smale »

I think ive been ripped off for the first time on the internet. Anyone live near spokane wash. that can make a road trip to shake a guy up. I bought a marlin cowboy to have customize and a guy on the castbullet forum (not here)RvPilot wanted an original stock as he had put a pad on his and wanted to trade. I sent him my stock over a month ago and after a week he emailed me and said that he didnt like it. The deal we made was that he was going to send whichever stock he didnt like to Clements as hes building my gun. Now he doesnt answer emails or pms. Hes been logged on to the cast bullet site at least twice in the last couple days. He logs on quickly and leaves. Others have tried to pm him too and he wont respond. Hes even got his own website http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=28814066 and ive left messages there too and no replys. I guess theres actually people out there that would risk there name for a 150 dollar stock!!!!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Sorry to hear this friend. Our reputation travels well ahead of us and it sounds like he has a bad'n.
Best wishes, Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That stinks. I guess there's a rotten apple in every basket. :cry:

I tried to go to his website that you posted. Appears it no longer exists. :roll:
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

The trustworthy tend to be trusting.
Sorry you found a bad one, I wish I could help.
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

Sorry to hear about that Lloyd. I've been skinned on an internet gun deal once , by a large gundealer in WEST POINT,MISSISSIPPI . Never by an individual. In fact Ive made some of my best friendships in my life as a result of dealing with individuals. You just never know. Good luck in future deals.
spurgon
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Well I am sorry to hear that it happened. I don't know any real course of action to take now that it has though. I can't beleive how stupid some people are. :cry:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

Lloyd

Do you have a physical address for this guy? If you do and tt's in a small town you may find a sympathetic ear at the local police/sherrif's office. Long shot I know.
spurgon
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Did you mail the stock? If so e-mail him and tell him that your next action will be to contact the USPS to file a fraud complaint against him. Give him no more than 24 hours to respond. Pull all your documentation together in the meantime. Hate that you have to go through this now.

I don't know if anyone here is or was a Postal Inspector but those guys ALWAYS get their man and every charge is a federal one.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Hobie wrote:Did you mail the stock? If so e-mail him and tell him that your next action will be to contact the USPS to file a fraud complaint against him. Give him no more than 24 hours to respond. Pull all your documentation together in the meantime. Hate that you have to go through this now.

I don't know if anyone here is or was a Postal Inspector but those guys ALWAYS get their man and every charge is a federal one.
Excellent idea. Maybe adding also a registered letter stating the same from one of our levergun attorneys?
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Definitly go after him , so the unscrupulous see that there are consequences to thier illicit actions!!!!!!
Lloyd Smale
Levergunner

Post by Lloyd Smale »

there lies the problem. I accidently deleted his contact info but tell you what guys. I consider myself a winner in this situation. I really didnt need the stock as im having a custom one made for it anyway. It just sucks to get burned. The good part is a number of guys have stepped up and offered me stocks for free or near free. It just goes to show you that jerks like this are a very small part of our sport. For the most part the best men in America are right here!
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Sorry, man.

At least the maggots are so far the exception rather than the norm.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Burn him on that other forum...bad. :evil: I've been known to be a couple days slow, but a rip off is bad juju.......
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

You can also try filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, you can do this online. They will hassle him a little for you.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

getting burned

Post by brucew44guns »

I've bought 11 guns off GunBroker in 2 years. Ten of them was great, just as stated or better, and got good prices too. Friendly folks who communicated and did right by me. But one big dealer sent a trash 686 in 8 3/8 after claiming 99.9 % condition. The attitude just stinks when you call someone on matters like this. I find most people are good, but a rotten apple is not unheard of, hope you finally hear from this joker.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sorry he got you Lloyd! I just clicked on your link to his my space page and it's been closeddown too. Seems you've at least got him on the run!
If someone did live near Spokane, how would they find this guy if you don't have an address?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Howdy,
It is my understanding that there are computer guys that can find anything deleted in you computer, unless you wipe out your complete hard drive and write over it two or three times and even then. Don't know if it is worth it, but may there is a way to retrieve the information.
John
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

I live 20 miles from Spokane. What's his name? If he's listed in the phone book, we can all call him in twenty minute increments and he will never sleep.
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

+1 on the computer guys. They can get that deleted info fast!!! Sorry about this!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Hey if you've got a phone number I'll help too. I have free unlimited long distance.

I'm in a different time zone. this could be fun since I work all night.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

Sorry to hear about that. Dont let it get you down or give up. There are alot of good folks out there.
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Dang - I hate hearing that!
Lloyd Smale
Levergunner

Post by Lloyd Smale »

this may have been resolved. I heard from him finally today and will post when and if the stock makes it to Dave.
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

Lloyd

Do you remember his name? If you at least rememner his name and city of residence, I'll try to find him.
spurgon