A stroke of marketing genius. Why did it take this long?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

A stroke of marketing genius. Why did it take this long?

Post by WinM71 »

Take a look at this, absolute marketing genius. Let's see - one for the car, one for the reloading area in the basement, etc., etc., etc.

http://www.hoppes.com/products/ca_air_freshener.html

Now the bad news. They're $14.98 for a 2-pack. Arrrghhhhhhh!
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: A stroke of marketing genius. Why did it take this long?

Post by J Miller »

$14.98 for a 2 pack???

Naw, just pour a dab on a cotton ball and set it near the heater vent. That'll do it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I had just finished cleaning some Guns and walked into the Kitchen,My 5 yr old Grand Daughter says " Grandpa, You stink" I said I do ,what do I smell like and She said 'GUNS'
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

"Take a look at this, absolute marketing genius." Maybe. But we think I could do better.

I'd label it "Odor de l'Homme". I put full page color ads in GQ and utilize those scratch & smell patches. I'd buy advertising space on those commercials they show before a movie begins in the theatre and run them before the True Grit sequel.

Surely, we here can brainstorm an ad campaign for this product. Who has an idea?
Russiancowboy
Levergunner

Post by Russiancowboy »

Alright, first post here. Been readin for awhile, but never got around to posting. All I can say is, it's a great idea. However I don't see myself spending fourteen bucks to make my truck smell like guns... that's what rifles racks are for. :)
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Russiancowboy wrote:Alright, first post here. Been readin for awhile, but never got around to posting. All I can say is, it's a great idea. However I don't see myself spending fourteen bucks to make my truck smell like guns... that's what rifles racks are for. :)
Welcome to the Forum! I like that, but I just might buy one for the wife's p/u... she doesn't particularily like to carry a rifle around with her, but she likes the scent of Hoppe's #9, I'm allowed, any actually encouraged to clean guns in the living room for gosh's sake!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

2571 wrote:"Take a look at this, absolute marketing genius." Maybe. But we think I could do better.

I'd label it "Odor de l'Homme". I put full page color ads in GQ and utilize those scratch & smell patches. I'd buy advertising space on those commercials they show before a movie begins in the theatre and run them before the True Grit sequel.

Surely, we here can brainstorm an ad campaign for this product. Who has an idea?
Many stores actually do put out certain scents intentionally. Those Shopping-Mall bakeries of course plan what to bake at different times of day to get the folks to stop in, etc., but stores that sell 'odorless' things like appliances or clothes often get consultation from firms that use smell-emitting things to boost sales, improve the mood or patience of customers, etc.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

I get the same effect in the garage from the used cleaning patches in the trash can.

Cheers,

Carl
Russiancowboy
Levergunner

Post by Russiancowboy »

Thank you kindly Griff. Good to hear your wife likes the smell of Hoppes, but I guess I have yet to met a person who doesn't.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

Griff wrote: but she likes the scent of Hoppe's #9, I'm allowed, any actually encouraged to clean guns in the living room for gosh's sake!!!

And I thought MY wife was a good sport!
quietman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by quietman »

WinM71 wrote:Take a look at this, absolute marketing genius. Let's see - one for the car, one for the reloading area in the basement, etc., etc., etc.
http://www.hoppes.com/products/ca_air_freshener.html
ROFLMAO. You know you're a gun nut when . . . . (see link) :lol: