OT- Western Cartridge Co. Badge. + ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Western Cartridge Co. Badge. + ?

Post by rangerider7 »

I pick this badge up the other day. I thought it was neat that is dates from around 1920s-30s when the Western Cartridge Company bought Winchester Repeating Arms company after it went into receivership in 1931.The Western Cartridge Company manufacture of small arms and ammunition was founded in 1898, it was the forerunner of the Olin Corporation, formed in 1944, of which Western is still a subsidiary, and is based in East Alton, Illinois, USA. It goes well with my collection of Winchesters. I thought y'all might want to see it. They are hard to find and especially in this condition. I think between 1931 and 1944 the company was called Western-Winchester Firearms Company, Western-Winchester Guns and Ammunition Co. or Winchester-Western company. If anyone knows for sure I would like to know. I have seen in old photos of the company's advertising and it is stated in different ways. Thanks.

Last edited by rangerider7 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"That'll Be The Day"
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Western Cartridge Co. Badge.

Post by pwl44m »

THATS COOL, that is the kind of stuff I look for at Yard sales and Flea Mkts. Must have been Their Private Security.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

That is really neat. I've never seen one of those before. I like the fact that no matter how long a person
studies old guns there is always something new to learn.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

For some reason Winchester Western rings a bell.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Western Cartridge Co. Badge. + ?

Post by rangerider7 »

In a photo of Herb Parsons, with his banner that he used in his shooting exhibitions, It has "Western-Winchester guns and ammunition" written on it but I don't know the date. :?
"That'll Be The Day"