Marlin Factory to reopen in Nov?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
darkwater
Levergunner 1.0

Marlin Factory to reopen in Nov?

Post by darkwater »

My local gunsmith said that Marlin will start production again in New York in November. Not sure where he got that info, and I haven't seen any official news one way or the other. Anyone else have a source that might verify this?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Marlin Factory to reopen in Nov?

Post by AJMD429 »

You might search on Marlinowners.com, although 'our' forum is better... :roll: :wink:

Seriously, I don't remember the guy's 'name' there, but a poster last year did indicate he worked for Marlin and gave some helpful information about the stainless 1894-css .357's production.

If you find out, come back here and tell the rest of us...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
darkwater
Levergunner 1.0

Post by darkwater »

Hmm...not much definitive stuff there. Saw a couple posts claiming there are some of the new production Marlins in the stores, but perhaps only one or two models so far...the 336 was mentioned. Other posts were saying that the NH plant closed in August, the NH service department just closed yesterday, and the NY plant may already be working on Marlin production, but it will be a few more months before they get beyond the startup phase and get into full-on production. I bet it will be a while before orders from the highest priority distributors have been satisfied before my local gunstore can order one.

In other posts, the discussion was whether the new guns should be called Remlins or Marlingtons. :D
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

There are likely a few new levers by now. Six weeks ago I was there and saw 1895 receivers being made, and a few bits for 1894s. I am sure they are getting their act together. This is not a quick and easy move, but in time, all will be well.

FWIW it wasn't a "move" in the sense of moving an entire operation into an empty hole. It's more an integration into the plant that also makes Remington, Bushmaster, H&R etc.
Certified gun nut