What Year Win 94 First D&T'd For Receiver Sight?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

What Year Win 94 First D&T'd For Receiver Sight?

Post by Haycock »

Topic is pretty self-explanatory... just looking to nail down the year the Win 94 started to get factory drilled & tapped for receiver sights...

Haycock
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. - PA State Constitution
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: What Year Win 94 First D&T'd For Receiver Sight?

Post by J Miller »

I'm about 98% sure it was 1953. They went to the short forearm and D&T'd them starting the same year.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

I believe Joe hit the nail on the head. I have a 1951 that I wish had a Williams peep on it. It may before summer ends.
Haycock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Haycock »

Cool... many thanks, gents.

I'm in the market for a 94 in .30-30 and after looking over Jahrs' (most excellent and still available via the Classfieds forum) 94 I realized that I want to find one that I can put a period-correct receiver sight onto without butchering it...

Appreciate the info... so the search will continue for a '53 - '58 (or so) 94... I like the PRE-pre-64s... original buttplate, etc.

Thanks again.

Haycock
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. - PA State Constitution
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

Bob Rennerberg says, look for a serial # above 1790000. :wink:

oh, and less than 2600000 [ preferably less than 2000000 ] .

good hunting.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"