Bye bye kitty

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Bye bye kitty

Post by BigSky56 »

About 3 weeks ago just at dark I was locking up my horses and I heard a shot at the neighbors place jumped in the truck got there in time to help him drag this cat to the truck, he was corralling up his sheep and cows for the night and this cat jumped the corral and went after the sheep he grabbed his 22 mag he keeps at the barn and dropped it at 50 yds, female 5'6" and about 80 lbs fat as a tick. Last week three young teenagers were sitting on the porch talking about 5 miles from my place when a lion came on the porch and bit the girl on the side and clawed her. We're rearend deep in lions wolves and grizzlies around here. danny
Last edited by BigSky56 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Bye bye kitty

Post by TedH »

Sounds like they need thinned out some.
NRA Life Member
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

She sure doesn't look like she's missed many meals.

Nice shootin'

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

My wife heard on Fox news this morning that some campers were killed by a bear. I don't know where it happened. thanks again Danny.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Jerry, Wednesday morning in yellowstone park NE side of park 1 man killed and a woman and man torn up they will live they caught the bear this morning grizzly. danny
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

BigSky56 wrote:Jerry, Wednesday morning in yellowstone park NE side of park 1 man killed and a woman and man torn up they will live they caught the bear this morning grizzly. danny
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/ ... 5026.shtml
" A mother grizzly and two of her three cubs have been captured after killing a Michigan man and injuring two other people during a late-night rampage through a campground near Yellowstone National Park.

The sow, estimated to weigh 300 to 400 pounds, was lured into a trap fashioned from culvert pipe Wednesday evening, then left in place to attract the year-old offspring. By Thursday morning, two of the younger bears had been caught and the third could be heard nearby, calling out to its mother."

One victim played dead and survived.
Mark :shock:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The critters are rowdy this year...... No wolves, but cats, coyotes, and bears are causing their share of concern in close these days. Luckly, Thor is on the prowl for critters 24/7.....

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

She is so fat her tail looks short, that's what a old time Cougar hunter told me if the tail looks short for a Cougar they are a big one,the human brain works that way?
Funny how Horses go nut's when they smell Cat but give a rat's a** when they smell Bear.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

That will make you wear a pistol. Where did he hit her with the 22 mag?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Danny,
What surprises me the most is that why did you get alarmed when you heard a shot at the neighbors? :D I thought you Western boys shot guns as often as us Easterners voted Democratic :D (not me)----------Sixgun

Nice pic/story Danny---I wish I lived out your way.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You guys must not read the gun magazines very much, if you DID, you'd KNOW that a .22 Mag won't kill anything bigger than a fieldmouse - must have been a .338 Lapua or something; unsure why they won't admit it, though....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

right side neck/head Dave
Jack I had a bad feeling about the shot , 3 days before while I was under my horse nailing on shoes and he was pulling on me I looked where he was looking and saw a lion on the county road cutbank about 200 yds away and upwind I made a note to take care of him then the wolves have been coming down most every night found a yearling doe last week wolf kill about 400 yds above my place at the time of the shot the neighbors kids were screaming cougar my wife says, as Iam deef. But your right about checking on neighbors that are shooting you might be interrupting them putting venison in the larder all these MT gardens grow about 200lb venison. Told the neighbor thats what he gets for being a sheep farmer. danny
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Had a raccoon tearing up my corn patch couple nights ago. One of those will fall pretty easy to a regular old .22 long rifle, pretty shocking it has that much power. :o Guess we will eat some corn about Friday night, peaches and cream. Sorry raccoon.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I really got to get me a .22mag
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

You are right. It is a clear case of over-population. But the lion only tried to eat one teenager, and there are plenty more where that one came from. Teenagers are pretty useless and mountain lions are part of nature and are endangered so they should be permitted to eat the occasional teenager.

And that murderer clearly had too many sheeep and he should not have begrudged that poor starving cat a few meals of mutton. After all the mountain lion is native to the area and thos sheep are an invasive species that should be clreared out and returned to their place of origin.

Better quit impersonating a PETA Spokesman before I puke on my keyboard.
Good luck thinning out the wolves and cats. Sounds like you and your neighbors need to start packing big bore sixguns at all times.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!