OT Gripe/Rant!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

OT Gripe/Rant!!

Post by mikld »

This may seen trivial to some, but;
I get two channels on TV that are hunting/shooting related. I watched many shows on these two channels but have cut waaaaay down on my viewing. I can't stand the "music" they play. Do they think hunters/sportsmen all like twangy-headbanger-screechie-loud guitar music? Most of the programs seem to think so, because they play this loud obnoxious stuff, even the Guns and Ammo programs. There is one good program that I used to mute it so I could watch, but I'd like to hear what the host says, so I just quit watching! Yeah, I may be getting old, but do they think all viewers are teens, and like this noise? I hope not!

So, I guess I can live without hunting and shooting on TV...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Gripe/Rant!!

Post by Ben_Rumson »

+1
And further...I've lost track of how many times I've had the purr of a fine engine blocked out by idiotic disconnected music..Like when the "SnowBird" P-38 Lightning fired up & took off ..or the great sounds of fine machinery coming to life/working be overdubbed with some chattering news commenter feels it necessary to explain the obvious...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I've got to agree with both posts above. Most of the music that is dubbed in to 'accompany' some scene or show these days is just plain annoying and I'm convinced that everyone on television has been taught that there will be no silent time under any circumstances because they routinely drift off into some pointless chatter when they can't think of anything 'important' to say. I guess that they love to hear themselves talk.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

If it's available on the show I'm watching, I often turn on the captions intended for the hearing impaired. You can get the text of the show without any of the background music. Only problem is I sometimes find myself concentrating on reading the text and miss some of the picture! :lol:

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

Yes, the "bad" music is as annoying and stupid as the "canned laughter" they put into kids CARTOONS!!! Like there is a "live audience" watching a cartoon as it runs??? Dumb... some overpaid exec makes these lame decisions! :roll:
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I like all types of guns. I like some types a lot more than others, but if it goes "bang", it's ok with me. I think these shows are marketed to the younger or more "hip" crowds. Most guys my age would rather watch a show with loud music and a lot of black semi-autos than one with real info. with traditional guns. Not me. I would rather see cowboys shooting levers and Colts than a cop shooting AR's and Glocks. I like watching cops shoot AR's and Glocks, just not as much. And the music does get annoying. I'm not much on rock music anyways.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

the rock aint half as bad as the rap some of the shows play...
and ........
if i hear one more of these guys get pee'od because they missed
a chance at... "a buck of a lifetime" ....when they shoot a few monsters
every dang year....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Being the parent of 2 teenagers and another one on their heels I have a couple things to keep in mind:

1) Our parents didn't like our music either.
2) If these hunting and gun shows attract new, young veiwers is that a bad thing?

To tell the truth I just tune out the music if I don't like and if I can't do that I change the channel. I actually notice the really lame elevator or new age music some hunting,fishing,gun shows play being more annoying than the so-called rock music.

LK
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Yep, and not all hunters are "good ol' boys" from the hills. Nothing wrong with them, just not every single program.

Don
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Maybe they are trying to appeal to that "gold" demographic (males 18-25 or so). This seems to be the group every show is after. :roll: