OT - Winchester Wildcat 22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

OT - Winchester Wildcat 22

Post by cnjarvis »

Has anyone shot one of these?

I handled one at Sportsman's Warehouse last weekend and I have to say that I'm entirely unimpressed. Too much plastic and the checkering looked like it was done by machete. Hope this isn't what we can expect on the new M70's or 94's. :shock:

jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I would like to know that information too.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Hope they get the details smoothed out, From the picture, it's one of the best looking 22's I've seen in a long long time.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

I agree, the photo does look good but I'd have an exceedingly difficult time parting with the $250 asking price for something of the quality of the example I witnessed.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

There was an article about this somewhere, sometime back. That little .22 is an import. I think from Russia or one of the old commie block nations.

You might write Winchester a letter and tell why you wouldn't buy it.

Remember my thread of a couple years ago: Tell 'em why we won't buy.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Killer Kanuck
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Killer Kanuck »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those a Baikal with a Remmie sticker on them? Like the "Spartan Gun Works" line.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

They are imports from the eastern block but I forget exactly where.

You're right Joe. Thanks for the reminder.
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

I have only handled one. other than the silohuette it did not look like the gun in the picture.I was dissapointed, the finish on the stock was gloppy and gummed up. I have no idea how they shoot. The Wildcat is a cousin to the Russian TOZ I dont know if they are manufactured at the same factory, but they share the same designs.

There are too many good quality 22s for me to waste my time with Winchester's Wildcat.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

...this appears to be the Ruskie "version":

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=90339056

I know: the Wildcat is a Ruskie, too. There appears to be minor a difference in wood shape, and the TOZ has a paddlewheel-type rear sight. You spin the rear paddles, until you get to height you want, and the paddles are marked with numbers. I have handled a The 78, and it looks like just about any other low-end, sub-$100.00 import gun. ...not bad, just different. I do not know how they shoot, though.

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage