OT - Casper WY, gun shops, museums, places to visit?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

OT - Casper WY, gun shops, museums, places to visit?

Post by dkmlever »

I will be in Casper, WY this Tuesday eve and all Day Wednesday and heading home Thursday morning, while my wife teaches a seminar. Looking for places to kill some time while I am there. Good gun shops, museums etc, any ideas would be appricated.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT - Casper WY, gun shops, museums, places to visit?

Post by J Miller »

When last I was there many summers ago there was a place called: Deans Sporting Goods @ 260 West Center, Casper, WY 307-234-2788 .
It was the biggest gun shop and sporting goods store I've ever seen.

Off the top of my punkin head that's the only one I can think of although there was a couple other smaller ones.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Deans no longer exists. Dean retired and closed it down.

Fort Casper is worth the time since it is right in the west edge of town.

As far as gun stores, about all that is left is the standard Sportmans Warehouse and Rocky Mountain discount sports.

With the longs days and if the wife is not too tired after her day, you might go out to Independence Rock and Devils Gate. Both within a couple miles of each other and a little more than an hour from Casper.
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

If you are interested, Casper College has a great geology museum and there is a new historical interactive event called "Three Trails" which tells of the history of the Mormon, Boseman and Oregon Trails. The best gun store is on west CY Avenue and I believe it is called Rocky Mtn. Discount. I was just there last week and I can't remember the name exactly. . . .hell getting old. . . . :? There are a couple other small museums around town. Take the time to drive up the mountain or out near the river. The river is very high and spectacular. Never seen the country as green as it is right now.

Casper is my home town. . . .enjoy your visit.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Meetesee do you remember a Ray's Taxidermy on Yellow stone BLVD? I hope you say yes, as I have a couple of follow up questions :o Sorry for the hijack
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Leverluver wrote:Deans no longer exists. Dean retired and closed it down.

<snip>
Nuts ... :( :cry: .

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

foxtrapper wrote:Meetesee do you remember a Ray's Taxidermy on Yellow stone BLVD? I hope you say yes, as I have a couple of follow up questions :o Sorry for the hijack
Yes, I remember a taxidermy shop on Yellowstone, but I don't remember if it was called Ray's.
PM me.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.