OT-Old Forum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

OT-Old Forum

Post by Mike D. »

Like many of us I was a member of the "old" forum, dating back to about 2001, or thereabouts. Is there a way to find out when a feller joined and how many posts he had? I see that Joe Miller has his "rank" and posts as a byline. Just curious is all. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT-Old Forum

Post by J Miller »

Mike,

For quite a while after we came here I bounced back and forth researching the old threads. When the old forum became unstable I wrote my post count down. Some time later I posted it here just for giggles and grins. I forgot to write down my membership start date.

I still have the link to the previous (second) incarnation of Leverguns, but it is no longer functional:
http://leverguns.sixgunner.com/default.asp

I don't have a link to the first incarnation.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I know that I joined in May 2003 and had 19,500+ posts on the OLD board, but that is only because I, like Joe, noted that information. There is no way to go back. All of the old board is, to the best of my knowledge, scrubbed. You MIGHT be able to check google archives for the posts to get an estimate.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I was a late-comer to the old board, and ended up with about 4,000+ posts before moving here (and one of the later arrivals here, being stubborn and not wanting to move!) :lol:
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

It would be kind of interesting to know the date I started on the old forum, the post count don't mean anything to me but the start would. If anyone finds a way to get there I would like to know my starting date.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I know I joined in 2005, and had around 4 or 5K posts... but... HK?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I had 7200+ there and stayed until it died. Evidence of a misspent youth some might say.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Think I got on in '05 or '06. I'm a newbie! :)
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

IIRC, I hitched up sometime in late Sprimg/early Summer 2004 - but have never bother to look at post counts, unless some comment directed my interest there.

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Pete44ru wrote:IIRC, I hitched up sometime in late Sprimg/early Summer 2004 - but have never bother to look at post counts, unless some comment directed my interest there.

Paco used to kid me about mine but as a moderator I got "credit" for every edit, etc... most of my posts had little content that was mine.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Gentlemen,

See if this link will help you:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.leverg ... unner.com/

Now, not all of the dated links work, and many of the topics lead to dead eneds, but this one fuctions correctly:

http://web.archive.org/web/200501221228 ... unner.com/

...and, so does this one:

http://web.archive.org/web/200409181009 ... unner.com/

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I notice that the old .357 mag to .357 max question was included... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I don't remember my post count on earlier versions of the forum, or even the date I signed on.

i do remember I was one of the first dozen or so people to sign up as members when Paco first started the Lever Guns site back in the late 1990's.

In fact I'm happy to say that I was among the earliest posters on three of the finest firearms forums in the history of the internet, i.e. Sixgunner.Com, Sixguns.Com, and LeverGuns.Com. Lots of stuff has happened over the last 14-15 years.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I have no idea how long I've been here, but it has to be at least 5-6 years. I've never had a very high post count, I remember I had just surpassed 500 when the old board went down, and don't think I've reached that here. But in all that time, I have checked in here nearly every day. Its like gathering around the dinner table and discussing the days events with the family.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

I was a member of the original board, also, and of all iterations since, that I'm aware of. Hope we don't have to start over again, again...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I went back to my birthday, 11/28/2003, and found that I actually had accrued 40 posts by then. Irrelevant, but interesting. :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

I gotta guess somewhere in spring of '03, I see that I posted in 8-10-05 getting my Browning M71 home and that was a couple of years after signing on. I do remember that I was recouperating from my heart attack so it must have been April or May of '03. No idea how many posts on the old one, I do know that I waited until April Fool's Day to join the new one so I could remember... :wink:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

OTH, you have the same number of posts that Slowhand Teek had when he welcome me and pointed out the difference in our posts - I think I had about 6. :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'm really a newb. I hadn't been on the old forum very long before it went sideways. Don't remember when I started.
Old Law Dawg
MistWolf
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MistWolf »

Hagler wrote:Gentlemen,

See if this link will help you:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.leverg ... unner.com/

Shawn
I used this link, clicked on a date then clicked on "SEARCH" then clicked on Search By Member to find my nick. The earliest I was able to trace my nick on this board was the 4th of November 2005
I am American
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

You can go to this link: http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.leverg ... unner.com/ and where it has the place to search for the web address, you can type in www.sixgunner.com, and it will pull up the old Sixgunner website. I know there's a lot of very useful info on that site as well.

I can't remember when I first joined Leverguns and Sixgunner.com, but it was somewhere around 2001, and it was under a different screen name. I was about 18 yrs. old then, and didn't post much. I just sat for hours (while I should have been studying in college) and absorbed all the posts from the more knowledgeable people on the forums. I remember quite a few of you from back then. I got turned on to the forums by my uncle, who is no longer with us, and from then on I was hooked. I have learned a whole lot from all of y'all over the years, and I still have a whole lot to learn.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams